Super Contributor

Re: Perhaps WE could start threads about Host Bashers...of course, I wouldn't, but...

I'm not on here all that often, but I've been thinking that it must be the weather or something, why some people on the various forums are so hostile against each other & hosts, etc. But the more I read, this is wayyyyyyyyy past winter related aggression. Maybe you can't do it at work, or with the neighbors or a relative, or a spouse or significant other, so just come here.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Perhaps WE could start threads about Host Bashers...of course, I wouldn't, but...

When I was young and immature, my wonderful grandmother once gave me an important piece of grandmotherly wisdom and I ponder on it now and then especially when I bother to read these boards. She said, "if you can't say something nice, then say nothing at all." Apparently everyone's grandmother didn't doll out the same advice.
Super Contributor

If you are a fan of Lisa and you get all hot and bothered when a negative post appears about her my question is......WHY DO YOU TAKE THE TIME TO OPEN IT AND READ IT?!?! Why don't you keep scrolling to find another topic that doesn't get you so flustered?

Honored Contributor

I think this thread has a place here especially in fashion, could be used in beauty, too.

So many threads complaining of the personal appearance of hosts.

No host deserves to be picked apart. Not male, not female.

Pick apart the people you see up close and personal all day every day.

Your daughters, your sisters, your mothers, your best friends.

Tell them how you can't stand their beehive hairdo, the color of their skin, their lipstick choice, their expanding waist, their short hair, their size, their stories of their daughters or pets.

Rip them apart. At least they can defend themselves or give you the flipping bird....

Trusted Contributor

On 2/17/2014 NanciJ said:

I'm not on here all that often, but I've been thinking that it must be the weather or something, why some people on the various forums are so hostile against each other & hosts, etc. But the more I read, this is wayyyyyyyyy past winter related aggression. Maybe you can't do it at work, or with the neighbors or a relative, or a spouse or significant other, so just come here.

I don't even think it's limited to just here. A coworker of mine is on Facebook, and she said it's unreal all the aggression and meaness that is being posted there lately.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

On 2/17/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I think the word bully is thrown around way too much. A difference of opinion or even "host bashing" is not necessarily bullying. That is the word du jour and so everyone has jumped on the band wagon.

For good reason! Opinions? Seriously? Call it what you will, but these people who continually bash others are bullies, pure and simple! What's really pathetic is they wouldn't have the bolas to say a third of what they spew online to anyone face to face.....so that my dear is "cyber bullying"!
Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2014 New_Orleans_Queen said: If you are a fan of Lisa and you get all hot and bothered when a negative post appears about her my question is......WHY DO YOU TAKE THE TIME TO OPEN IT AND READ IT?!?! Why don't you keep scrolling to find another topic that doesn't get you so flustered?

That is not always the case. Many times it starts as a positive post but certain people just can't restrain themselves from making nasty remarks (and I'm not talking about an ""opinion."" So I might ask you the same thing ... can't you just scroll on by?

Honored Contributor

Every now and then I will post something on a friend's facebook page (like 3 lines). I can't imagine anyone posting something on a facebook page mean to a friend.

Super Contributor

On 2/17/2014 morganjen said:

I don't even think it's limited to just here. A coworker of mine is on Facebook, and she said it's unreal all the aggression and meaness that is being posted there lately.

Someone is either lying or has not a clue how Facebook works! You are the moderator of your own page and if you don't like what someone is saying or doing, then you simply unfriend or block them. So if anyone is so stupid as to listen or put up with even a third of what goes on here, then they're an idiot? There are two different people at different times who decided to use my page for a rant. I blocked them. They can't even find me in a search since now.....it's like they have ceased to exist!
Super Contributor

On 2/17/2014 PKB said:
On 2/17/2014 morganjen said:

Someone is either lying or has not a clue how Facebook works! You are the moderator of your own page and if you don't like what someone is saying or doing, then you simply unfriend or block them. So if anyone is so stupid as to listen or put up with even a third of what goes on here, then they're an idiot? There are two different people at different times who decided to use my page for a rant. I blocked them. They can't even find me in a search since now.....it's like they have ceased to exist!
You are calling people IDIOTS. And you have the nerve to call someone that doesn't agree with your opinion a bully! You, my dear, are the bully!!!