Contributor
Peplum, Fit & Flare, whatever they’re called, depending on the Designer- -I don’t think they are flattering on anyone. Showing my age here, but the first time I saw one of these on the Q, I had a flashback to Petunia Pig. For those of you who are too young to know , Petunia was a Comic Book Star in the 50’s and 60’s and Girlfriend of the Famous and Lovable Porky Pig.
Honored Contributor

I do not like peplum tops or "shark bite" hems because, IMO, they accentuate the hips which is something I do not need--LOL!!

Super Contributor

Generally speaking, I like peplum tops because they really define my waist but I'm fairly tall and don't have large hips.   

Esteemed Contributor

I agree...i CAN'T STAND when Gary & Carolyn stand there and say with the fit and flare tops that they LOOK GOOD ON EVERY BODY TYPE.......they don't......many times Carolyn doesn't look good wearing one....if ANYONE has any kind of midriff bulge like i unfortunately have...the top clings to the ripples and does no favor to your shape.......... and adding the length they have put on almost every top QVC has presented.....it makes it look even worse.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This subject has been talked to death.  There are lots of ladies that like them, look good in them and buy them.  Isnt it nice there are choices for everyone?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor
I avoid peplum tops ... contrary to sales pitch, they don’t work for my body type.

I have a long torso and narrow body. I cannot wear any top or dress with a defined waist.
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

This subject has been talked to death.  There are lots of ladies that like them, look good in them and buy them.  Isnt it nice there are choices for everyone?

I second what she said.

Honored Contributor

Re: Peplum Tops

[ Edited ]

Well, so has every other topic.  
I'm with the op on this. They don't do anyone any favors. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree - they do not look good on everybody.  For me, they make my shoulders look smaller and my hips bigger.  Not the look I want.

Respected Contributor

I love peplum tops, but I have small hips & waist. I think they look very feminine.