Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,208
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

People think QVC S/H is high!

I see a lot of posters talking about all the free s/h or cheaper free s/h and I really don't see it at a lot of places.  Some yes, but not all that many.   Yesterday I received an e-mail from Land's End with a 50% off code for one full priced item.  I figured I could use a new bathing suit for an upcoming vacation so I put one in my cart and with the half off code it was just under $30.00.  As I went through the check out process, there was shipping added of $8.00.  $8.00 to ship a bathing suit?   And on top of that there are no longer any Sears stores for me to return this bathing suit if it doesn't work out so I'd be out return shipping plus my $8.00.    

 

I know QVC could be better about s/h but $3.00 or $3.50 to get a clothing purchase home didn't seem so bad.      

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,876
Registered: ‎09-14-2010

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

I think a lot of places are higher on their shipping.

- DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS -
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,946
Registered: ‎05-23-2015

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

I understand what you are saying, however when I do pay more for shipping I receive the item in a few days. Now this may not be important to some, but it is to me.


@LipstickDiva wrote:

I see a lot of posters talking about all the free s/h or cheaper free s/h and I really don't see it at a lot of places.  Some yes, but not all that many.   Yesterday I received an e-mail from Land's End with a 50% off code for one full priced item.  I figured I could use a new bathing suit for an upcoming vacation so I put one in my cart and with the half off code it was just under $30.00.  As I went through the check out process, there was shipping added of $8.00.  $8.00 to ship a bathing suit?   And on top of that there are no longer any Sears stores for me to return this bathing suit if it doesn't work out so I'd be out return shipping plus my $8.00.    

 

I know QVC could be better about s/h but $3.00 or $3.50 to get a clothing purchase home didn't seem so bad.      


 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,378
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

Yes, but at 50% off the deal was still a good one even with the shipping. $38.00 for a swimsuit all in? The Q rarely has 50% off quality items, even on LTS, which is most of what I pick up here.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,080
Registered: ‎02-27-2012

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

Bridal Registry at Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn.

 

I planned to spend $150

 

BOTH sites would have charged me $21 MORE in shipping!  I was only looking at one or two small sized items!

 

Both sites (possibly co-owned as they were linked) base the shipping not on size or weight but on how MUCH you spend!

 

Shouldn't shipping go DOWN the more you spend as a courtesy or incentive???  LOL

 

 

Needless to say, she will be getting a gift card or check.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,162
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

@LipstickDiva @Respectlife @queendiva @indoor kitty @Camogirl 

 

Just quoting a price for USPS shipping of a Priority Medium flat rate box $14.35 as of yesterday.

 

I probably would have done better to go by weight!

Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit
Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,208
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!


@queendiva wrote:

Yes, but at 50% off the deal was still a good one even with the shipping. $38.00 for a swimsuit all in? The Q rarely has 50% off quality items, even on LTS, which is most of what I pick up here.


@queendiva, yes it was still a good deal but my point was that the s/h was crazy high.

 

My $30.00 savings went down to $20.00 by the time I paid the s/h plus the tax on that s/h, which I know isn't the fault of Land's End.  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,683
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

[ Edited ]

@Respectlife wrote:

Bridal Registry at Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn.

 

I planned to spend $150

 

BOTH sites would have charged me $21 MORE in shipping!  I was only looking at one or two small sized items!

 

Both sites (possibly co-owned as they were linked) base the shipping not on size or weight but on how MUCH you spend!

 

Shouldn't shipping go DOWN the more you spend as a courtesy or incentive???  LOL

 

 

Needless to say, she will be getting a gift card or check.


Pottery Barn currently has free shipping, which ends today, and they often have free shipping offers.  I purchased an item from their site last month and received free shipping.  The item was just a little over $100.00

Valued Contributor
Posts: 780
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

QVC shipping IS high....especially when you have to pay $6.95 for the return. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,576
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

I don't think $6.95 is unreasonable.  If I send something back on my own it costs more than that as it goes by weight.  You can also send back multiple things in one package and still get $6.95 shipping.