Honored Contributor

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

@Equuleus wrote:

Some places are off the wall.  I LOVE Sundance and quite often will see things I am willing to spend extra on because they are unique and special, but the S&H kills it for me most times.

@Equuleus . I agree and Soft Surroundings is like that too, which is why I don't order from them........

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I buy clothing from Lands End a lot.  Their shipping is not too high IMO.

You can order multiple items up to $74.99 for $8. They do not charge separately to ship each item.

If your order totals $75 or more shipping is free.  So, the most you will ever have to pay to have clothing shipped is $8.

Our local Sears store is still open.  I can go to the store and order for free and also do returns if necessary...for now.

Was it originally $50 for free shipping at Lands' End? For some reason, that seems right to me. I know LL Bean is now $50 for free shipping, but I have their card, so I get free shipping and returns on everything.

I think you.'re right. I am pretty sure it used to be free shipping with Lands End for orders over $50.  Before I order, I always look for free shipping codes.  I get their  catalogs with a certain percentage off and free shipping.

I have an LL Bean CC too, but I haven't ordered anything from them lately.  Their styles haven't appealed to me like they used to.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

QVC shipping IS high....especially when you have to pay $6.95 for the return. 

@Effie54  QVC doesn't charge $8.00 to ship a bathing suit.  It would be $3.50.

Land's End also charges $6.95 if I need to return this suit plus I will be out the original $8.00 s/h as that is not refunded either.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think QVC s&h prices are high;  quite the opposite, I think they are low.  It's one reason why I shop here.  I shop online a lot so I know what other retailers charge.  Have you seen Evine's s&h charges...ouch!   As for those places that say they don't charge for shipping, of course they do.  The shipping is just factored in their prices.  

@chrystaltree, just fyi, Evine is offering free s/h today on clothing if your cart totals $75.00 or more and you use your Evine card.  

But I agree with you that normally their shipping is nuts. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I buy clothing from Lands End a lot.  Their shipping is not too high IMO.

You can order multiple items up to $74.99 for $8. They do not charge separately to ship each item.

If your order totals $75 or more shipping is free.  So, the most you will ever have to pay to have clothing shipped is $8.

Our local Sears store is still open.  I can go to the store and order for free and also do returns if necessary...for now.

Was it originally $50 for free shipping at Lands' End? For some reason, that seems right to me. I know LL Bean is now $50 for free shipping, but I have their card, so I get free shipping and returns on everything.

I think you.'re right. I am pretty sure it used to be free shipping with Lands End for orders over $50.  Before I order, I always look for free shipping codes.  I get their  catalogs with a certain percentage off and free shipping.

I have an LL Bean CC too, but I haven't ordered anything from them lately.  Their styles haven't appealed to me like they used to.

I mostly order for my husband from LL Bean, also things like slippers and backpacks (the card comes with free monogramming). I am sized out of many of their clothing items (the smallest size is too big for me).

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Considering the majority of posters responded in the affirmative to my 'do you try to hit the free shipping threshold if it's offered?' thread you'd think the PTB would welcome the increased sales!

I know I've been known to throw something else in the cart to get free shipping....

@Andreatoo, it doesn't make any sense to me to buy something I don't need or want especially if it's going to cost me more than the s/h would cost.

In my case, Land's End ships for free for orders $75.00 or more.  It would have made no sense for me to spend $45.02 more to save $8.00 in shipping.  LOL

But I agree that could work to QVC's advantage because I think there are a lot of shoppers who order things just to reach that free s/h threshold.  I am not one of them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm much more inclined to buy online when there's a bricks-and-mortar store I can ship to - to eliminate the shipping charge - and make returns to - to eliminate the charge for return shipping.

Valued Contributor

Shipping costs definately keep me from purchasing an item so I often use ship free to store and pick up item. I am fortunate to live in an area close to Macy's; JC Penneys; Kohls and Target. Recently ordered bras on-line from ALL of them. Went to store tried them on and those I didn't like I immediately returned at no charge. In all of the above the style bras I was purchasing were only available on-line not in stores.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

Considering the majority of posters responded in the affirmative to my 'do you try to hit the free shipping threshold if it's offered?' thread you'd think the PTB would welcome the increased sales!

I know I've been known to throw something else in the cart to get free shipping....

@Andreatoo, it doesn't make any sense to me to buy something I don't need or want especially if it's going to cost me more than the s/h would cost.

In my case, Land's End ships for free for orders $75.00 or more.  It would have made no sense for me to spend $45.02 more to save $8.00 in shipping.  LOL

But I agree that could work to QVC's advantage because I think there are a lot of shoppers who order things just to reach that free s/h threshold.  I am not one of them. 

@Lipstickdiva 

Nor would I spend 45 to save 8 but I would spend an additional 10 or 15 to save 10 especially if it's a website with many categories of product and I can always find something I need

Honored Contributor

I love Target for so many items and I always receive free shipping because of my Red card.  I get free shipping & returns at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus.  Also I shop at iherb.com which gives me free shipping when I spend $20 and I buy my body wash, body lotions, essential oils, etc. with them.  There are other companies that give free shpg when you spend $40, $49, etc.  I also receive a lot of free shpg. on EBay & Amazon.

kindness is strength