Trusted Contributor

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

I think when people know that there are many many retailers who offer free shipping on all purchases; or on purchases over a certain dollar amount; or on purchases made with the store or loyalty card; it seems like the Q could do the same. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

The shipping charges from the Sundance catalog have deterred me from buying many an item from them.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

It's costly when they charge s/h for each item purchased. Also,  shoes are $5.00  - $5.50. I purchased 3 items and was charged $3.50 for each and it was shipped in one package!

I returned the items and still had to pay to ship it back.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I think a lot of places are higher on their shipping.

@CAMOGIRL   Most businesses, save HSN, QVC, Amazon, et al, base their shipping rates on monetary amount purchased.  When I have purchased more than $200 from Dillard's, there is no shipping cost.  When I buy that from QVC, if I had 5 items, each item (in the past) had a different cost but nowadays the price for that would be $17.50, not free shipping.  Somewhere the QVC has to get with the program and give free shipping for a certain amount of purchases, not just for select items on select days.

Honored Contributor

Considering the majority of posters responded in the affirmative to my 'do you try to hit the free shipping threshold if it's offered?' thread you'd think the PTB would welcome the increased sales!

I know I've been known to throw something else in the cart to get free shipping....

Honored Contributor

I think Q's shipping is a bargain. It would cost me more than that in gas, wear 'n tear on my car to go shopping around here for anything really...and then there's the parking. 

Return shipping is refundable if you used PayPal to make your purchase. Upload a copy of your return postage on the link provided in your PP transaction. Your refund shows up in your PP account in just a few days. Easy peasy.

Honored Contributor

I buy clothing from Lands End a lot.  Their shipping is not too high IMO.

You can order multiple items up to $74.99 for $8. They do not charge separately to ship each item.

If your order totals $75 or more shipping is free.  So, the most you will ever have to pay to have clothing shipped is $8.

Our local Sears store is still open.  I can go to the store and order for free and also do returns if necessary...for now.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I buy clothing from Lands End a lot.  Their shipping is not too high IMO.

You can order multiple items up to $74.99 for $8. They do not charge separately to ship each item.

If your order totals $75 or more shipping is free.  So, the most you will ever have to pay to have clothing shipped is $8.

Our local Sears store is still open.  I can go to the store and order for free and also do returns if necessary...for now.

Was it originally $50 for free shipping at Lands' End? For some reason, that seems right to me. I know LL Bean is now $50 for free shipping, but I have their card, so I get free shipping and returns on everything.

Respected Contributor

Having gone to the post office recently to mail a few packages I realize shipping via usps has gone through the roof!  I used to bake cookies and mail them to my family in Florida, but it has gotten so expensive  I stopped.  I recently returned 4 items of clothing in one bag to QVC with their $6.95 label.  It cost me a total of $21. to get and return things that didn't fit properly.  It's not really QVC's fault they didn't fit as I can go into a department store and try on many things that don't fit, but trying them on is free.  I hate throwing money away so I am trying to cut back on buying online from stores that do not offer free shipping and/or returns.  Even my favorite store, Talbots for Petites, do not always fit, but at least there is a store I can return to in person.  I wish QVC would offer reduced shipping when you spend a certain amount; or on multiples, especially when they are bundling in one bag.     

Respected Contributor

$3.50 shipping at Q is very reasonable for single orders. They need to stop charging separately on a multiple item order that all ships in one package.