Honored Contributor

Re: People think QVC S/H is high!

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Bridal Registry at Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn.

I planned to spend $150

BOTH sites would have charged me $21 MORE in shipping!  I was only looking at one or two small sized items!

Both sites (possibly co-owned as they were linked) base the shipping not on size or weight but on how MUCH you spend!

Shouldn't shipping go DOWN the more you spend as a courtesy or incentive???  LOL

Needless to say, she will be getting a gift card or check.

Pottery Barn currently has free shipping, which ends today, and they often have free shipping offers.  I purchased an item from their site last month and received free shipping.  The items was just a little over $100.00

Seriously @mom2four0418 ???

I was JUST on the site b4 I posted this!  I didn't see that at all and when I clicked on shipping into...it didn't say it there either!

I should have gone to the Home Page.  I went directly to the registry link provided on the invite.

Thank you!  I will revisit!

PS  But if they are not offering a promo...their shipping policy is still absurd!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Bridal Registry at Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn.

I planned to spend $150

BOTH sites would have charged me $21 MORE in shipping!  I was only looking at one or two small sized items!

Both sites (possibly co-owned as they were linked) base the shipping not on size or weight but on how MUCH you spend!

Shouldn't shipping go DOWN the more you spend as a courtesy or incentive???  LOL

Needless to say, she will be getting a gift card or check.

Pottery Barn currently has free shipping, which ends today, and they often have free shipping offers.  I purchased an item from their site last month and received free shipping.  The items was just a little over $100.00

Seriously @mom2four0418 ???

I was JUST on the site b4 I posted this!  I didn't see that at all and when I clicked on shipping into...it didn't say it there either!

I should have gone to the Home Page.  I went directly to the registry link provided on the invite.

Thank you!  I will revisit!

PS  But if they are not offering a promo...their shipping policy is still absurd!  LOL

I was on the Pottery Barn homepage this morning and the Free Shipping info popped up.  I hope that you are able to use it and I agree about their shipping costs!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I don't think QVC s&h prices are high;  quite the opposite, I think they are low.  It's one reason why I shop here.  I shop online a lot so I know what other retailers charge.  Have you seen Evine's s&h charges...ouch!   As for those places that say they don't charge for shipping, of course they do.  The shipping is just factored in their prices.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1I sent one of those flat rate boxes just last week, but I crammed it with 3 1X sweaters, 1 XL short-sleeved shrug, a hard-backed book, and an 8 ounce tube of hand cream.  Not a bad price for all that - and while I could have dropped all but the hand cream off at a local thrift, I was happy to "donate" to someone I knew needed what I needed to get out of the house.  

Given what I loaded that box with????    Not expensive at all.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think QVC s&h prices are high;  quite the opposite, I think they are low.  It's one reason why I shop here.  I shop online a lot so I know what other retailers charge.  Have you seen Evine's s&h charges...ouch!   As for those places that say they don't charge for shipping, of course they do.  The shipping is just factored in their prices.  

I don’t quite understand your reasoning. Let’s say a Dooney is the same price in two different places, but one offers free shipping and one charges 12.95. in this case I save 12.95. I shop online a lot, and I know they all play pricing and shipping games , but when given the choice .i go for the best deal, why would I not ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I think the return shipping is too high.  Just ridiculous.  Other companies have free returns.  I guess they do it to discourage people, and sometimes it works. I once ordered those GIANT size Philosophy shower gels and when I opened it it thought, this is just too big I'll send it back. The return postage for the package containing two giant bottles was $9.95. So I kept them.  Some companies with free returns:  Sephora, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Rue La La.  Their tactic is to not provide you with a pre-printed return label, so you have to do a bit of work on your own to send it back.  I don't mind it.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the Q's shipping is outrageous, their return shipping on the other hand, is pretty bad, since things like 'fit' are often off from what we are told and the size charts indicate, and sometimes things just don't look as we thought they would. I know that if the actual garment measurements don't match the size chart we can contact Q and get free return, but many times it's just "not quite right" and we are stuck with the return cost. I do shop many online sites and know the general cost of shipping varies, personally I like the free S&H, but can't always find what I want on those sites so I pay the price to get some things home. I don't have a lot of shopping options close to where I live, so I do a lot of online shopping.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

QVC shipping IS high....especially when you have to pay $6.95 for the return. 

Compared to some other places I've purchased from the $6.95 is average.  Some catalogs that I buy from the shipping to return a shirt was $12.  That's a lot. 

Trusted Contributor

Some places are off the wall.  I LOVE Sundance and quite often will see things I am willing to spend extra on because they are unique and special, but the S&H kills it for me most times.

Honored Contributor

Everytime I think I can save by sending it back myself and not using the label....it costs more!  Usually 50 cents to a dollar or two....but I have to laugh.  And the Postal Clerk laughs AT me!  This is why I don't gamble!  LOL

What has slowed my Q purchases down is NOT getting a refund of your original shipping like we used to.

I don't mind paying one way....but to lose both the original AND the return cost has stopped me from wanting to 'try' something.  I better be 95% sure it is a keeper or I will NOT take the chance.  (doesn't include return of defects)

Like purses!  Q cured me of collecting them with that policy change!  If it doesn't work, I will lose that crazy HIGH original shipping (sometimes close to $15) AND the return cost?

No way.  Haven't purchased a bag since they stopped refunding original shipping.

I didn't need another bag anyways!!!