Honored Contributor

People Say This Comfortable Swim Skirt Was 'Love at First Fit' — and It's Only $24

Another Amazon fashion hit.  Grapent High Waist Swim Skirt, $23.99 (orig. $27.99)

It's great for going from the pool to the parking lot of your local shopping center for errands. Available in 33 solid colors and prints, the high-waisted stretchy skirt has a tulip hem and small ruching details on the sides that are both classic and contouring. Best of all, the full-coverage style doesn't ride up, according to shoppers.

8c945352efa4256d433608d858c11549.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Re: People Say This Comfortable Swim Skirt Was 'Love at First Fit' — and It's Only $24

Now that's not bad. I'd wear that. 

Respected Contributor

Re: People Say This Comfortable Swim Skirt Was 'Love at First Fit' — and It's Only $24

[ Edited ]

Ooooooh. That looks flattering and very stylish!

I have a one piece coming from Venus.com I just ordered, I hope fits...never ordered from them before, hoping I'm a 6, as I am in most suits...or a small. But I own some 8's and 4's too that fit. Who ever knows with swim suits in general but especially online!  I'll see if I can post a pic...

I'm always looking for mix and match bottoms/tops (I'm smaller on top than bottom)...and I wear skirted suits always. Thanks for posting; I'll check it out. Love the white! Haven't had a white suit in years...white always looks nice, back when we let ourselves tan. Somehow, sunscreen, umbrellas, hats and all... I get tan anyway so...there's that.

Anyway, tks for posting!

Respected Contributor

7AB59115-ED0B-4E24-A10D-184CC169BABB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Love all swim items with a full coverage brief underneath.

Not 'high cut', but full coverage.

Especially for swimming. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I don't care for skirts on my swimsuits at all. Besides not liking the look on me, they take far too long to dry when you get out of the water. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I don't care for skirts on my swimsuits at all. Besides not liking the look on me, they take far too long to dry when you get out of the water. 

I get that. That's why I don't buy any of the full skirts, with lots of material that floats up when you swim. But the ones that fit close to my body, like the ones pictured here, give me the look I prefer on me and I have no problem with the skirt taking any longer to dry than the rest of the suit.

Esteemed Contributor

don't know why anyone would want to swim in a skirt.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

don't know why anyone would want to swim in a skirt.

@NYCLatinaMe 

I don't think it's so much that they want to swim in a skirt, but some women prefer a little more modesty.  Have you ever seen women wear those long sleeved swimsuits that prevent for "rashguard?"  Same principle might apply.  The only thing that's important is that the wearer likes it.  I suspect some wear them just to lounge by the pool, sans the swimming.

Long Sleeve Swimsuit Women's Rash Guard Swimwear Trend

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset I have never seen anyone wear a swimsuit with sleeves, unless it was like water sports gear, but I haven't been to a beach or pool in a few years.  Avoiding the sun.

I have worn, and seen people wear, clothes at the beach and at the pool, including friends and family, no problem with that.  I usually arrive dressed, and undress to go in the water, or if I want to take the sun.  Honestly, I don't mind if people want to wear whatever, I just don't understand why people would want to swim in a skirt, which was my comment.