Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

never come back to say thank you.  I've noticed that about this section of the forums.  I really do try to help and sometimes all you get is silence.  

I think I'm gonna knock it off.  It feels "fake."  Some people genuinely need help and some don't.  How to tell the difference?

Help should be given without expectations. It's the kind thing to do.

Where I come from courtesy is expected.  Not a gift card.  Thank you is warranted when someone does something or gives of themselves as well as getting a gift.  Courteousness = gratitude @CalminHeart .

Isn't it nice we can all be so different?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Because this is social media, it's not the ladies you meet for coffee.  People ask a question but many don't even the responses.  They post on all the social media sites and people don't come back to say thank you or give updates.  I don't need or expect a thank you if something I said helped a person.

I don't have to have to either @chrystaltree , but it would be nice knowing if I did help someone.  How can you know you've helped if they don't return to say so or to at least say thank you?  I want to know if i've helped someone so whatever it is I said or did I can continue to use for others.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life