Esteemed Contributor

never come back to say thank you.  I've noticed that about this section of the forums.  I really do try to help and sometimes all you get is silence.  

I think I'm gonna knock it off.  It feels "fake."  Some people genuinely need help and some don't.  How to tell the difference?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Rudeness is out there for sure!!!!

A lot of people on the boards are lovely, though.

You just need to learn your names.

Esteemed Contributor

I find this to be true right here on the Fashion Forums.....

Thanks @ECBG .

No come back thank you for your tips, input.....SMH.

Super Contributor

Re: People Ask for Help But

[ Edited ]

That's happened with me, too. If I can offer something helpful, I will. If the original poster doesn't acknowledge my post, perhaps it has helped another person reading that thread. I've been that other reader who has been helped many times over the years here.

Esteemed Contributor

I've heard this over the years and on all the Forums. I've heard excuses like maybe the Poster is busy or maybe they can't find the Thread. I mostly believe that it's the latter.

Esteemed Contributor

They can't find the thread they started to ask for help @Sage04 ?

I dunno....

I'm going to limit my involvement with helping people on the fashion forums....

Thx to all who replied.

Honored Contributor

Re: People Ask for Help But

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset - I have to admit it annoys me, when someone asks for help or information, and other posters take the time to provide that.  Then you never hear another word from the OP.

A long while back I realized there was at least one poster who routinely asked for help, but never bothered to return to say thank you or even acknowledge that others had put in effort.

I stopped bothering to answer questions for a long time after that, even when I knew the answer.  It's just common courtesy to say thank you.

(But on the flip side, there are many lovely posters on here who share helpful information.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@gertrudecloset - I have to admit it annoys me, when someone asks for help or information, and other posters take the time to provide that.  Then you never hear another word from the OP.

A long while back I realized there was at least one poster who routinely asked for help, but never bothered to return to say thank you or even acknowledge that others had put in effort.

I stopped bothering to answer questions for a long time after that, even when I knew the answer.  It's just common courtesy to say thank you.

@Venezia I know, right?  So rude.

That's my point too.  How hard is to say thanks if you come back to read the responses (assuming they do).

Honored Contributor

So often the answer to the question someone wants researched is readily available on Google, which has come a long way in answering questions.  I guess they're too lazy to look it up themselves, then there will rarely be a thank you after someone makes the effort to help. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I get your point

but that doesn't bother me as much as the questions that could be answered much more efficiently putting the same question/thread title into google instead of starting a thread here.