Esteemed Contributor

Pendelton 49er jacket: Oh My!

DH loves Pendelton board shirts so I'm on Pendelton's email.  Today they are reintroducing the "49er jacket for women at $249 (they first introduced it in 1949 and I owned two in Junior High and wore them until 1985).  Told my DH not to get me one for Christmas as the price is ridiculous.  DH's board shirts run about $110 and this 49st jacket isn't lined so why is it twice as much as similar men's shirt.  I think this is sexist!

Honored Contributor

Re: Pendelton 49er jacket: Oh My!

@patbz.  Actually, $249 is not that bad for a nice, wool jacket especially if you'll wear it for years.  Women drop that much for handbags all the time.  Maybe it's time for a road trip to the outlet store in Oregon?

My parents stopped there during their RV travels.  Dad had the. most beautiful white vest with a Southwest pattern in golds and browns that he got there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hey @patbz , here's your jacket.  You'd want the turquoise, of course.  Good news....You can have one for only $212. on Amazon.  Thought others might want to see it.

• 20190908_183810.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have two of the originals my aunts wore. 

Honored Contributor

Pass, plaid would make me look like a barn. No plaids, checks wild butt patterns for me.

Still want a dip dyed one like the 'mango' one I seen. I got Isaac's dip dyed one in white and blue, but, the mango I'm talking about was white blue and yellow. By the time I saw it all they had was sizes nobody could get into and that brand I can't remember the name runs small enough to fit Kate Middleton and Celine Dion.

Hopefully Gary will create one I put the bird in his ear. LOL

Honored Contributor

Bagatelle, is the brand

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Bagatelle, is the brand

@SharkE  - Bagatelle makes some beautiful jackets.  Do you own any?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hey @patbz , here's your jacket.  You'd want the turquoise, of course.  Good news....You can have one for only $212. on Amazon.  Thought others might want to see it.

• 20190908_183810.png

I bought this '49er jacket 20 years ago. At the time I was smitten with it for raking leaves. 

I purchased it at a little shop in my former neighborhood that carried a small inventory of lots of different brands. I think I paid $150? 

I wish I still had it, but it became too big and I donated to charity.

Honored Contributor

@patbzIt may well be one of the sexist companion pieces, but someone would need to do a careful comparison for us to know for sure.  I love the jacket in the picture, but my eyesight doesn't tell me the details and we'd need the xame for the men's version -  seaming, collar design, plackets, even the buttons, the buttons holes -  all thar jazz.  Hope you find your color and size on sale!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Bagatelle, is the brand

@SharkE  - Bagatelle makes some beautiful jackets.  Do you own any?

not yet. if I can ever get one that will fit my proportions I'd be proud to shell out for one. LOL   Bagatelle, thinks a 44 in bust is like out of this world size.

They design for the young and flat set.