Honored Contributor

I now live out of the big city where all of my precious stores were! I'm going through shopping withdrawal! But in a nearby city I discovered Peebles. Walked in there yesterday and was pleasantly surprised! It seems like a very nice store! Anyone shop at Peebles? Any comments? Thanks!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

We have a very small Peebles store about 30 minutes from me.  I go occasionally, and have purchased an item or two.  Not a favorite store, but when I am in the mood for a drive in the country, it works for me.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have never heard of Peebles. Is it a department store like Macy's? At first glance, I thought this was a thread about the Flintstones! Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I shop at Peebles when I am on vacation,  I visit one in NJ and another in PA near our summer lake spot.

I first went in when I saw a  sign for a Clinque bonus around July 4 several years ago  The store  is different than what I am used to.  They have great sales and their own line of ladies clothing, which I do like.

Last year at the end of summer I purchased several tops that were pretty unique.  I got lots of compliments and people were asking where I got them.

Peebles is not a big city store., but it's a much better place to shop than Walmart for clothing.

Xxxx. I just looked at Peebles website where they do offer home goods.....maybe some of their stores  offer  home goods departments.

Esteemed Contributor

Before a bigger mall opened in Southern Maryland (where I live), there was a very nice Peebles store.  I used to shop there a lot as they had unique things and, what was considered, higher end clothing.

They are long gone from my immediate area, but there is one in another county about 30-40 minutes away.  I've not been there in years as I simply don't shop much anymore.

It was a lovely store, but could not compete with the larger department stores and the mall.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I have never heard of Peebles. Is it a department store like Macy's? At first glance, I thought this was a thread about the Flintstones! Woman LOL

Peebles, pronounced Pea bles is a clothing and accessories store.  I have never found kitchen, bath or linens there.  They do sell cosmetics, shoes and jewelry for men, women and children.

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  Their chain includes the Stage, Goody's, and Peebles department stores.  When they have clearance sales its "almost" like they are paying you to take it.  Constant coupon mailings, $10 off birthday coupons.  Nice brand names.  I can come out of there  with a huge bag of clothes, several outfits, for $100, if I am a savvy shopper.