Honored Contributor

Re: Peace, Love, World brand?

@LTT1

I haven't seen more than two presentations of this clothing line, so I can't say that there is nothing that would appeal to me. I think, though, that I was thrown off and turned off by what Pat was wearing today. It looked as if she raided her daughter's closet.  I do believe that older "girls" like us can be fashionable and  sexy, but her outfit looked more like a Halloween costume to me. There is such a thing as overdoing it. The same thing happens with the LOGO line. I like some of Lori's items, but an entire outfit of it is too much. 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Thank you
@BirkiLady

To add: DH just saw the jacket and liked it. ❤️
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

They are trying to appeal to the 20's to 40's ladies.  Us boomers are no longer their target.

QVC targets your crowd plenty. D&C petal pushers with elastic waistbands and gaudy Quacker Factory. Quack Quack! For some reason a jeweled giant anchor on your shirt is ok, but not a saying.  Plenty of styles to go around for everybody 

Honored Contributor

@Smushie wrote:

I understand that QVC is trying to appeal to every age group and it's a good idea overall.  But, maybe they should make sure the hosts that are on air with this brand are some of the younger ones.  I love Pat and she seems perfect for so many brands, but not this brand.  It's just too young!  I'm 50 and have started to come to terms with the fact that I look silly in some trendy clothes.  It's just an age thing.  Not an ugly clothes thing.  Like some have said not every brand is for everyone.  That's okay.  It's just like being in the mall.  Not all the stores are for all of us.  Let the young ladies have there day.  I'm going to coffee with another 50 year old instead. Smiley Happy  I'll watch Isaac tonight.  Blessings for a good day!

I think they could have made a good point by styling Pat with just a touch of this line, along with some more classic items.  Like @LTT1, I don't think most women our age will go for a head to toe look with this line, so why not show how to mix it up?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@appleseed wrote:

I have a challenge for us all.

Instead of forking out $53 + to wear a baggy sweatshirt splattered with an affirmation of "peace and love", let's use that same money as a charitable donation. 

Apply it to a fund that will actually help someone's peace, perhaps by providing food, water, and shelter. 

I am making a donation as soon as I log off here. Seriously. Please join me. <3

my guess is is that most of us can do BOTH......and do......in many ways.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I may be the minority here, but I think Pat looks great.  It's a nice fresh look on her.  People think after a certain age you have to dress differently.  I know this beautiful lady who is 75years young and she still rocks it with her fashions.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat

DH saw the jacket I posted pics of...he likes it!

That was great to see Pat styled the way she was!

The PLW vendor has a 74 yo mom... she must have been thinking of pretty colors for her, too. I need colors that are unique and so the lilac color was one for me to grab. Of well to each her own!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

They are trying to appeal to the 20's to 40's ladies.  Us boomers are no longer their target.

QVC targets your crowd plenty. D&C petal pushers with elastic waistbands and gaudy Quacker Factory. Quack Quack! For some reason a jeweled giant anchor on your shirt is ok, but not a saying.  Plenty of styles to go around for everybody 

No, not all of us seniors are interested in what you described. Linea addresses our interest in looking elegant. Too bad very little else is available but thankfully, there are other venues available.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m not fond of the clothing with the affirmation on them, but I would rock those flare jeans all day long!!! I especially love the big flare with the released hem and my inner hippie (yes, I’m 61), really loves them. I have the platform boots, chunky heels and crazy wedges that will fit right in with that style. I believe in dressing to make you feel good....and within certain guidelines....I don’t dress like my 15 year old granddaughter, but I don’t want to dress like Sophia from the Golden Girls either.....😊 Life is short.....have fun.....wear what you like.....as long as it makes you feel good....then go for it.😊

Honored Contributor

I am 65 year old boomer and like a lot of clothing in this brand though not with affirmations.  I like eclectic styles and don't want to look like the many overly conservative dressing women in my age group.  I have to say that I have received so many compliments from strangers as well as friends.  I don't like the labeling of clothing for certain ages only.  Wear what you like and like what you wear - who cares what others think!!