Trusted Contributor

Who in their right mind would pay 48 or 50 dollars.My goodness I am sure there are other places with lower prices,guess I don't see it!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paying money for shorts

[ Edited ]

Very nice denim Bermuda shorts were on sale recently at Macy's: $19.99.

100% cotton square neck T shirts there, too: $10.00.

I am so over QVC's prices. I would not even pay $50.00 for pants.

Honored Contributor

Who cares what other people pay for things?  Do you want others to make comments on people who buy cheap things?  Works both ways. . .   

Honored Contributor

Wached a string of almost a dozen leggy young girls (high schoolers most likely) walk out of our neighborhood pizza place.  All in short shorts-  no idea of what they paid, but I have little doubt that short shorts, short dresses, and bikinis make up most of their summer wardrobes.

Personally?  Doesn't matter to me what shorts cost because I'm not buying and it certainly doesn't matter what someone else does spend on them.

I have my own ideas about what foolish spending is -  but I know that only for myself because I know how much money I seem to have and what portion I'm willing to spend on any clothes.  

Trusted Contributor

Me!!  LOL   When I find a pair of shorts or pants (or really any piece of clothing)  that look good and make me feel good, 

Honored Contributor

It's ok to question the price and or value of a purchase. Why take it personally ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I don't buy a lot of clothes. I am no fashion person or trend setter. I certainly prefer to spend less on my clothes, but if I find clothing that fits me nicely, makes me feel presentable & is good quality, I will pay $50 for a pair of shorts/pants/a shirt.

The problem is the prices have gone to that point on QVC & I am NOT seeing the quality reflecting that anymore. 

I used to see a Denim & Co piece I liked & click buy. Now I look at the fabric & it is thin & flimsy, the price is $50+S&H+the return fee when I see that it is thin & flimsy & looks awful on me!

I have not found a good reliable replacement. 

Honored Contributor

I paid 40 for a pair at dillards fit me perfect if it fits and is pretty to hale with what it costs.

found a pair at HSN camo shorts TSV of 40 bought them. Think 40 is gonna be the price for good quality, fit right and in style shorts this yr.

Honored Contributor

@bewise wrote:

Who in their right mind would pay 48 or 50 dollars.My goodness I am sure there are other places with lower prices,guess I don't see it!

I guess I am considered "not in my right mind" because I think $50 for a pair of shorts is a nominal fee. Where I live that's a steal! 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Certainly didn't take anything personally... but saying that someone isn't in their right mind because of what they pay sure isn't the nicest comment.