Trusted Contributor

@KatCat1 wrote:

I stopped using PayPal completely.  I honestly do not feel it's safe.

I stopped years ago and yes it is indeed unsafe. A lot of scam emails come through if you use PayPal. Beware for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PayPal users beware!

[ Edited ]

@Moondance wrote:

@KatCat1 wrote:

I stopped years ago and yes it is indeed unsafe. A lot of scam emails come through if you use PayPal. Beware for sure.

I don't get a lot of scam emails and I use PayPal every week for one order or another.  I did get scam emails years ago, but haven't had any in a long time.  (I always reported them, when I did get any.)

However, scam emails come out about everything; PayPal isn't the only target of con artists.  We all need to be alert enough to know not to click on links or dial phone numbers sent in an email.  There are often telltale signs that an email is false.

PayPal, in my two decades of use, has not been unsafe in any manner.

Honored Contributor

Re: PayPal users beware!

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@KatCat1 wrote:

I've used PayPal for nearly two decades.  I've never had a single problem in all that time.  I pay with a credit card; I don't link my bank account to it.  I did in the early days, but stopped as I got more benefit from using my CC.

I like the fact that PayPal will reimburse you up to 12 times a year for return shipping.  Something that comes in handy with QVC's new policy of deducting return shipping!

ITA.  I don't know what would be unsafe about using PP.  I have my checking account linked to it.  I haven't had a problem either.

I also like the reimbursement of s/h.  In fact I just took advantage of it around the first of the year for an HSN return.  It was nice betting my $7.95 back.   

I don't get a lot of scam e-mails but like @Venezia said, scam e-mails come from everything.  I report them as spam and move on.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've stopped having an account with paypal years ago.  I was never comfortable using it.  And I finally got out of it.  I had opened up when E Bay was popular.  So glad I stopped.

Super Contributor

If you are worried about your paypal account,you can use a 2 step verificiation process.You log in then they send a code to your  phone.You can't log into your account without the code. Someone tried to hack my account one time and they suggested this.No problems and I do feel safer using it.

If I had a dollar for every scam email for my bank  and other accounts,I could be retired now!!

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia   Same here!! I prefer pay-pal to credit cards.

Respected Contributor

LOVE PayPal.   I have my account linked to a cc.  I never have anything come directly out of my checking like a debit card would,  unless I initiate an online or phone payment myself. 

Honored Contributor

I love PayPal! It's so convenient because the information is already there.  to be clear I believe the glitch is on QVC's side.