Honored Contributor

Re: Patterned purses and clothing question

If the pattern in the bag is subtle or tone-on-tone, l'll carry it with patterned clothing, as long as the colors and designs are complementary.

However, if the handbag has a bright, multicolored print, l'll only use it with solid-colored clothing.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't bother me a bit! LOL!

Respected Contributor

I’m carrying a printed Lug bag but the print is subtle so I feel like it goes with most things.  Since it is cooler out I now usually have a jacket or coat on with my purse and they are solid colors. 

Respected Contributor

I never mix prints. I can't stand that look.  I only have one print crossbody -- Amy Kestenberg's tie-dyed vanilla/black.  I only wear it with solid black or tan top/black bottoms, etc.  

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I am always on the fence about this. I usually prefer solid colors, but i bought a navy leopard print Lug bag and I think it works with most everything (when dressed casually, which tends to be all tbe time now).

I know that print. I would consider it a neutral.  Very pretty

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KailaS wrote:

I wear primarily solid colors ( dark on bottom and brighter on top). As a result, I love patterned bags. I just checked the three bags in my current rotation. All three have patterns, two of which are very subtle and one which is brighter. (My masks also have color which coordinates with either my top or my bag. )

Masks. Well that's a different story. I wear my Michigan State masks with everything. Let em clash I don't care. 😆

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 

I love your system. That's kind of how I think too

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

Hi, @fairydogmother !  I tend to use my patterned bags (Lug, mostly) with my very casual clothing, which tends toward to solid colors.  My solid color bags I then to use with more dressy outfits, although both tendencies have been known to be broken based on the expediency of a given situation.  😏

Respected Contributor

Ok slightly off topic. Does the Lug Shimmy SE look like a diaper bag? I was about to buy it but...

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I have a few printed Patricia Nash bags that love but don't wear often enough unless I am wearing solid colors.  When I was working I would change my bags often, but find now that I am retired I can't be bothered to change out my bags especially during these times when I'm going nowhere but grocery shopping.