Respected Contributor

Patterned purses and clothing question

I've often wondered about this. For those of you who carry purses with patterns, like Lug, Vera Bradley etc; do you only carry them with solid colored clothing? Or do you go ahead and wear patterned clothes and not care that the purse clashes with your outfit?
Enquiring aka nosy shoppers need to know. 😆

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Patterned purses and clothing question

I love printed tops so I deliberately avoid patterned handbags.  I think the combination of two unrelated prints would be hideous.  I do have many chambray/denim shirts with which I could carry a patterned bag but that would be the only exception.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I could never carry a patterned bag, I want a bag that goes with everything.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I have a couple of small Vera Bradley printed bags, and I generally wear them with solid clothing. One of them is a black and white magnolia pattern, and it does work with a couple of my printed tops. I change out purses all the time so it works with my outfit! 

Respected Contributor

I see this all the time- usually VB bags. It literally hurts my eyes to see clashing prints. I personally wouldn't do it. But I am not judging anyone's choices. It's interesting to find out what the Q ladies think 😉  Right now I'm a Lug nut, only buying the solid colors. Yet she has so many pretty prints. Wouldn't be practical though. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

As long as the colors complement each other - it doesn't matter to me if the I'm using two prints together.  I frequently mix prints.

--------------------------

@fairydogmother wrote:

I've often wondered about this. For those of you who carry purses with patterns, like Lug, Vera Bradley etc; do you only carry them with solid colored clothing? Or do you go ahead and wear patterned clothes and not care that the purse clashes with your outfit?
Enquiring aka nosy shoppers need to know. 😆

Respected Contributor

I have one summer bag that is a navy and white print, that I wear with a navy and white dress, and a navy and white jumpsuit. Otherwise, I'm not one to wear a mixture of prints .

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

Not to steal your thread, but rarely do I find clothing prints as pretty as VB handbag prints.

I always carry a solid or solid textured bag because I wear a lot of color.

Esteemed Contributor

I am always on the fence about this. I usually prefer solid colors, but i bought a navy leopard print Lug bag and I think it works with most everything (when dressed casually, which tends to be all tbe time now).

Trusted Contributor

I wear primarily solid colors ( dark on bottom and brighter on top). As a result, I love patterned bags. I just checked the three bags in my current rotation. All three have patterns, two of which are very subtle and one which is brighter. (My masks also have color which coordinates with either my top or my bag. )