Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

She was a designer for a major brand before starting her own line,  When she first started it, she was on ShopHQ.  Her bags were all made in Italy.  I have so many pieces that I love.  When she left ShopHQ and started larger production in China, the quality deminished.  

@Linmo I didn't know that, I thought the leather was from Italy and the bags made in China. 

@Pecky  - that's my understanding too. I don't think Linmo is relaying accurate information.

I haven't experienced any quality iisues and I use her handbags regularly. The crossbody with built in wallet/organizer that was an HSN TS has been a workhorse for me. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

She was a designer for a major brand before starting her own line,  When she first started it, she was on ShopHQ.  Her bags were all made in Italy.  I have so many pieces that I love.  When she left ShopHQ and started larger production in China, the quality deminished.  

@Linmo I didn't know that, I thought the leather was from Italy and the bags made in China. 

@Pecky Before she switched to HSN, her bags were Italian leather and were not manufactured in China.  When she started at HSN, her bags were advertised in the item descriptions and by the hosts as Italian leather, but they were not.  

There was a big bruhah after her first TS because the bags were not Italian leather, they were full-grain leather from different countries.  Those of us who purchased the TS were sent emails stating the error and that we could return the bags for a full refund free of charge.  After that, if a host mentioned Italian leather, Patricia would quickly correct them.  The descriptions for her leather items were also modified to state full-grain leather and that they were made in China.  

I did not return my 2 TS bags and discovered pretty quickly that the quality was inferior to the previous PN bags I had purchased.  I've purchased some accessories (scarves and umbrellas) from her website since then, but no handbags.  It's possible that the quality has improved since that time.

Honored Contributor

Ooops, it's getting more difficult to sort thru the threads that are specifically created to bash or question the integreity of vendors. Every night this week I've seen threads posted on various forums nit picking hosts and vendors for anything/everything, even something made up!

I can see that something as simple as exanding a leather goods brand to include leather dog collars is now being viewed as loss of integrity- did the vendor actually do this? Or did someone else and she's just showing up on shows pretending to know her line.

And then it's like an open invitation for others to pile on with anything or everything that can be flung onto a vendor to suggest they have no integrity, that they lie and only the past items from long ago are of quality

It's RIDICULOUS! I've seen many Patricia's on air presentations. She may say or express herself in a manner to validate information that the host is offering. Right? Right! Right. 

So Nash quality, integrity, truthfulness, presentation style now has mud on it. And for good note, let's bash anything made in CHINA!

I think that covers it all!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Pecky - I think you posted about recently purchasing this Nash handbag. I hope you are happy with your purchase!  I think the new print is beautiful and I'm interested in your thoughts about this style. 

Patricia Nash Luzille Convertible Backpack