Respected Contributor

Re: Patricia Nash - New for August + 8/15 TS

Okay, I caved!  I am terrible!  I changed my mind like 5 times during  the purchase process alternating between the turquoise and the floral but I finally ended up on the floral.  

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

Okay, I caved!  I am terrible!  I changed my mind like 5 times during  the purchase process alternating between the turquoise and the floral but I finally ended up on the floral.  

@Roni18 - congrats! Did I hear Colleen say floral was most limited. It and the turq might sell out before the launch!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

That was fun!

@1Professor - reminiscent of the fun we had shopping with Lisa Robertson Roma/GILI days.

Look forward to the shows starting Monday night for the PN launch

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

@Roni18 - congrats! Did I hear Colleen say floral was most limited. It and the turq might sell out before the launch!

Yes she did say that.  I caved and purchased the turquoise.  I'm glad they finally showed the back of the bag.  I used the 15% and got it for $152.  I can't wait to get it.  I'm doing the happy dance.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

That was fun!

@1Professor - reminiscent of the fun we had shopping with Lisa Robertson Roma/GILI days.

@Chi-town girl: Amazing you would mention Lisa and the GILI bags. The early ones were SO quality and style; she insisted.

Amazing because the post just delivered the-one-that-got-away! I found the original GILI vintage leather stirrup hobo. Originally $456, purchase for $199, free shipping. Still had some of the plastic on it! *sigh*

s-l500.jpg

I found an old video on the Q that they didn't erase, Lisa presenting it for the first time. Adore her enthusiasm and attention to luxe detail!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@1Professor @Chi-town girl @Roni18 @winamac1 @Blingqueen023

I got the straps I ordered from Amazon today.  The camera strap is not great; the design is printed on cotton, not woven.  I think I can adapt it to a handbag by getting some of those spring clasps like Dooney uses.  You can get them at hardware stores in brass or silver. 

The one advertised for cameras, guitars,  or purses is much nicer with the design woven in, bright serape colors and it already has brass hooks.  I'm going to put it on my natural Florentine Dooney.   It's a bargain for the price. 

For more choices, look at item #263125876233 in eBay.  I bet these wide woven straps would stay on the shoulder. 

@Kachina624 - thx for looking for alternatives& the review.

Are you buying the tote? Anything else?

@Chi-town girl  I love the tote with the fancy strap but I've blown the budget this month with 2 new Dooney zip zips.  It's certainly a beautiful bag.  Y'all enjoy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Nice bag @1Professor

I still want the turquise too.  Maybe I can just get that color strap and attach it to a bag I already own

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

That was fun!

@Chi-town girl: Amazing you would mention Lisa and the GILI bags. The early ones were SO quality and style; she insisted.

Amazing because the post just delivered the-one-that-got-away! I found the original GILI vintage leather stirrup hobo. Originally $456, purchase for $199, free shipping. Still had some of the plastic on it! *sigh*

s-l500.jpg

I found an old video on the Q that they didn't erase, Lisa presenting it for the first time. Adore her enthusiasm and attention to luxe detail!

@1Professor - what a score Heart

It took awhile, but the GILI brand took a huge hit with Lisa's departure. 

Watched the recent new GILI handbag presentation,  Jill Martin said it's all small order lots for new items. Most likely never another GILI TSV. Jill can't deliver the sales.  I like some of the new bags, but pricing is inflated -major turnoff & $12 shipping, simply greedy & not competitive

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

Yes she did say that.  I caved and purchased the turquoise.  I'm glad they finally showed the back of the bag.  I used the 15% and got it for $152.  I can't wait to get it.  I'm doing the happy dance.

@Pecky - even better with that coupon! Good for you, HAPPY DANCE!

download (14).jpg

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

Nice bag @1Professor

I still want the turquise too.  Maybe I can just get that color strap and attach it to a bag I already own

@Roni18  That's what I ended up doing.  I got the strap. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment