Honored Contributor

Re: Pat seems flustered tonight

When you think of it, the Q must be a pretty good company to work for.Where could you work where they pay you hundreds of thousands of dollars to sell product on TV and then you act like a fish out of water , make excuses for your stumbles and your fans don't mind the faux pas either. How lucky can you get!

Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Johnnyeager said:

Someone on some post mentioned that perhaps the shall we say "seasoned" hosts are feeling pressure to step up their game and sell in a manner or style they are not comfortable with. It happens in a lot of businesses when veterans in their 50s see the 20 and 30 year olds nipping at their heels. Too bad if that's what's happening.

I can't even imagine the amount of pressure they deal with each day. Not only to compete with the younger faces, to be a size 2 or less, to "Win over" the audience every time. I even see the younger ones acting nervous. Face it, each day is a performance evaluation and their bosses only need to go to the forums to gather information from those who apparently are the ones watching. Rough.

Esteemed Contributor

Selling has always been a competitive and high-pressure job. Add to that, all the social media stuff competing for popularity loaded on top of it adds to it. It's lucrative if you're good at it, but I would never do it.

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 jump4joy said:
On 3/30/2015 Karnerblue said:

Pat always seems a tiny bit flustered most of the time. She may not be, but to me she just appears nervous.

Agree -- nervous and a bit confused/overwhelmed at times.

jump4joy- That is good description-overwhelmed. And that surprises me!! Pat has been a host long enough to be comfortable. Maybe just a bad day?

Trusted Contributor

Pat always seems like a nervous Nellie to me. She makes me nervous watching her flip her hair and just plain looks uncomfortable on air.

Honored Contributor

What accident would that be?

Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 baker said:

What accident would that be?

Yeah, I would like to know the answer to that??

Junebug54: What "accident" are you referring to??

Honored Contributor

WOW- now I remember, although I refuse to dignify this question with a reply. THAT was just around the time when the boards really started to go mean. Some of you who are curious have shown yourselves before to be nice people. If that is actually the case, please be satisfied to let your question go unanswered.
Trusted Contributor

I like Pat but that is my opinion. She always seems on edge to me. Violann said it best and I won't answer that question. Sorry I brought it up and I will now go edit that part out.

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2015 Junebug54 said:

I like Pat but that is my opinion. She always seems on edge to me. Violann said it best and I won't answer that question. Sorry I brought it up and I will now go edit that part out.

Too late. Once something has been quoted (or questioned) by other posters, it's "there".