Honored Contributor

Re: Past Q buys that have stood the test of time

Another non-fashion item;

Freedom Bag...I have 2.

Those bags 👏will👏not👏die!!

Honored Contributor

I would say I have Susan Graver  and Joan Rivers pieces that I have had for more than 5 years and I am still wearing. Also, I have a Dennis Basso faux fur coat that must be at least 10 years old, it's from when the fur looked real.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom- I agree!  We also have 2 Freedom Bags.  One from QVC 20+ years ago - a newer one from the Freedom Bag website.  One of our best purchases ever!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Original waist pants from many years ago.  Way back, they weren't available for quite a while here.  Just a few clearance, scattered sizes.  Then, 'all of a sudden' they were back with a (good) vengeance!  Looking at me, not many could tell that they are original waist, mainly because I'm almost always wearing long tops and sweaters.  I like to be comfortable; nothing too-too tight. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Occasional Contributor

Can anyone date this...Jessica Holbrook merino wool long cardigan.  No buttons, laege patch pockets, originally sold with a mock turtleneck.  Close to 15 years?  The long dster lengh has brought it out of my closet more and more lately.

Trusted Contributor

I just went through the far back of my coat closet & came up with a few treasures!  Urban Wool long, sleek blazer in grey wool that looks absolutely current, & matching pants that I wear in very cold weather.  Also a dress coat in black wool with a charming, small faux fur collar from Centigrade. (Starting to take on a vintage look!)  I also had merino sweaters from Urban wool, & a black wool/cashmere jacket & skirt from Precious Fibers that I loved.  I'm still wearing two of their cashmere sweaters from 20 years ago!