Respected Contributor

Re: Past Q buys that have stood the test of time

handygal wrote:Heartdley Bayou's leather jackets? I have a black motorcycle jacket with beige colorblocking across the shoulders, that was purchased close to 10 years ago, and is still a favorite. The prices were reasonable then too!

@handygal2He was nice to watchHeart

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

handygal wrote:Heartdley Bayou's leather jackets? I have a black motorcycle jacket with beige colorblocking across the shoulders, that was purchased close to 10 years ago, and is still a favorite. The prices were reasonable then too!

@handygal2He was nice to watchHeart

@VenturaHighway: Agreed-- handsome, and rugged voice.  Woman Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I have lots of Sports Savvy and Denim & Co. --- 2 and 3 piece sets - that are 10 to 15 yrs old - and look brand new. Right now, I'm wearing an emerald green sports savvy top - has 4 large matching buttons at the neckline. I keep the top 2 buttons open and it looks like a V-neck. 95% cotton, 5% spandex - heavier weight. I'm also wearing Denim & Co.blue jeans - with green/purple embroidery 3/4 the way down the left leg - and some embroidery at the bottom of the right leg. These jeans came with a 3/4 sleeve purple top - with some embroidery. I remember the jean set cost $33.

I have many Denim & Co. tops - short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve - in all different colors. 

I'm retired and home most of the time ---- so these are the clothes I wear every day.

Love everything --- and they last forever!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma

I'm the owner of an 8 lb. lhasa apso.

I just turned 77 yrs young ---- and love my QVC clothes, jewelry, Clarks shoes. I have a large walk-in customized closet - and can't fit one more hanger in there.

Esteemed Contributor

My grandest example of standing the test of time is a couple of turtleneck sweaters from the long ago Urban Wool collection which I must(think) were purchased in 1995.  I had the matching skirts, but the elastic gave out on the skirts after about 10 or 12 years.  

I have a few Bradley Bayou leather jackets. I don't wear them because although they are XS, I dropped some weight over the past 5 years which makes them fit not as I would like.  I had two of them altered and it cost $70 each, but worth it.  The jackets cost a bit over $100 from QVC, and for Bradley's quality I could not replace them for less than $200 and that would have to be on sale. 

One of my favorite items -- in my wardrobe-- is a wool boucle Linea coat which has a multicolored floral  embroidered placket and sleeves.  The coat had a coordinating turtleneck which has embroidered bell sleeves.  I had three of the turtlenecks.  I gave one to a friend in 2006 because she really wanted the sweater, but it was no longer available in any color.  With so much fashion emphasis on sleeves in 2017 these pieces look like a new purchase.  However, the ensemble is from Louis's 3rd or 4th year on QVC (2002 or 2003).  In all the years I've owned these pieces they have never walked out of my home without receiving a compliment.  I've even had someone compliment the coat hanging in a plastic drycleaning bagWoman Wink. It's a great coat!  

Regular Contributor

Yes, I have 3 Dialogue jackets, which still look great.

I have 2 basic layering tops from Motto, one blue, one black. I wore the blue one yesterday. I was wondering if I should donate it, but No, I think it's still good.

Also, I have a basic Citiknits top which I also use for layering.

Of course, I have lots of Birkenstock sandals.

Respected Contributor

@Trix

Urban Wool was a great in-house line.  There was also an in-house linen line I liked.  When I wore items from either of these lines, I was often asked if they were a pricey bridge designer line(s).  Little did they know an entire outfit was less than a top from the designer lines.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Bradley Bayou suede coat and a leather jacket, c2009, 2010.

A Victor Costa jacket and VC sweater, c.2008, 2009.

A beautiful Bob Mackie silk shirt/jacket in sort of a bronze color with black collar and a very handsome tiger embroidered on the back, c.1999.  I have some white crepe pants of Bob's that I love.  They are dressy and I wear them too often in fall and winter.  I need a new pair.

Just a bunch of Louis dell Olio from the time he came until now.

A Dialogue dress (burgandy).  I think it was a TSV on Fashion Day (but not sure).

An Elisabeth Hasselbeck silk blouse (black and white floral) that looks so French and I get compliments every time I wear it and an EH black velvet dress (I think she was under the Dialog brand).

I have an old Du Jour dress which I wear now as a house dress (very cute) floral shirt dress (orange/purples, white background, feels like silk).  

A pair of Quacker Factory black denim jeans.

Lots of Joan Rivers scarves, one dress and one of her signature jackets in aqua.

Several Pamela Dennis pieces, blouses, sweaters, 2 dresses.

I take very good care of my clothes.  I have a custom walk-in closet and a couple other guest room closets for jackets and one for shoes.

I have other newer lines of clothing which have not done well for me except for Kelly by Clinton Kelly (a skirt, a blouse and two layering pieces)

Marc Bouwer black crepe pants (I liked so much I bought 3 pairs).

P.S.  I have 6 silk blouses, 3 from LDO, 2 from Pamela Dennis and 1 from Chloe Dao.  I have several pieces of Cashmere from Precious Fibers.

I never bought shoes from QVC until the black suede smoking shoes from H by Halston and some heels from Fisher  (both of which I was pleased).

They should give me some kind of clothing allowance or an award!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

IM has really nice shoes too @Nonametoday and so do Sarto, and Areosoles. I also like Marc Fisher. I buy them on clearance for pennies onthe dollar

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

IM has really nice shoes too @Nonametoday and so do Sarto, and Areosoles. I also like Marc Fisher. I buy them on clearance for pennies onthe dollar

Thank you, Cherry.  I assumed Franco Sarto would be good.  I have Aerosoles that I have bought locally and really like.  I have terrible feet to fit so any time I find a good shoe, I keep it.  Funny story.  I had some old Cole Haan's mules that were so comfortable, had worn them walking in Europe, all over the East Coast and Florida.  I was giving away a lot of clothes and shoes and threw them in.  I got back home and my DH asked me about the Cole Haan shoes.  He remarked they were the only ones that did not hurt my bunions and did not give me blisters or calluses. I got up early the next morning, went to the place I gave them and bought them back.  Man Very Happy  I still have them.  I wear them grocery shopping and any time one of my clubs has an excursion, I take them along for walking.  God bless my husband for nudging me.