Honored Contributor

Re: Past Q buys that have stood the test of time

@lulu1 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I don't buy much clothing from the Q but my Ninja Pulse lasted 7 years! Think I paid around $65.00 for it. I'd say it was a good investment...

@Andreatoo

I have a Ninja Pulse that I've used repeatedly.  I bought a back-up over 2 years ago that is still in the box.  I keep thinking my original is ready to die but it's like a Timex watch....it takes a licking but keeps on ticking.

As for clothes, I have a few pieces from early Victor Costa and Joan Vass that are still in excellent condition. (and still get compliments)

@lulu1

I used mine 7 days a week for those years to make my iced coffee in the mornings! How often do you hear the presenter of any expensive blender say that 'lesser' blenders can't crush ice?! 

I did replace the cups though.

I would definitely buy another

Respected Contributor

Many years ago I bought a beaded scarf/ collar.....black sheer fabric with sparkly beading.  I think Kathy Levine was selling it.  I still wear it infrequently with a plain black top for a dressy occasion.  

I slso have a red plaid wool cape with a green scarf that was from one of the early Irish shows.  I seldom wear it...but it’s so pretty, I keep it!

Honored Contributor

Gabriella T sweater

gab t sweater.jpg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Many years ago I bought a beaded scarf/ collar.....black sheer fabric with sparkly beading.  I think Kathy Levine was selling it.  I still wear it infrequently with a plain black top for a dressy occasion.  

I slso have a red plaid wool cape with a green scarf that was from one of the early Irish shows.  I seldom wear it...but it’s so pretty, I keep it!

@alicedee

I forgot, both my husband and I have a bunch of Irish sweaters.  Though we go to Ireland every few years, the sweaters on QVC are a fraction of the price they are in Ireland.

@software

I still have a few Gabriella T sweaters.

Honored Contributor

I liked Gabriella T but her sweaters were made for someone  taller than I am. The sleeves were always too long for me

I have a beautiful hand knit Deidre McGuire sweater. I always loved her hand knitted garments

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I liked Gabriella T but her sweaters were made for someone  taller than I am. The sleeves were always too long for me

I have a beautiful hand knit Deidre McGuire sweater. I always loved her hand knitted garments

@cherry

I have 2 Deidre McGuire sweaters that are about 10 years old.  They are as beautiful as the day they arrived. One of them I believe was a Lunchtime Special.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1  I got mine on clearance for a pittance . They were trying to get rid of the last bit of stock. I jumped on it right away

It is so pretty. It's a  soft pinkish red and has popcorn stitches, and  some type of looped stitch collar. I got a pr of black velvet  IM joggers to wear with it

Respected Contributor

@cherry

One of mine is pale pink and the other is pale aqua.  I'm a knitter and know I could not buy that quality yarn, (let alone the hours of work) for the price of her sweaters even at full price.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine is made from pima cotton, but it is still as heavy as anything

I dry clean it, because I don't want it to shrink @lulu1

Respected Contributor

I have a Centigrade leather jacket that is at least 15 years old.  It still looks great and I wear it often.  I also have several SG liquid knit tops that are 10+ years old and still look like new.  I donate a lot of clothing and am sure that many things would still look good today if I had kept them.