Honored Contributor

Past Q buys that have stood the test of time

[ Edited ]

Do you have a Q garment that has been a wonderful wardrobe addition, you purchased years ago, and are still wearing?

I have one to  share. I got a Lees Sands angora sweater coat years back.  I got it in black. It doesn't  have any buttons or snaps to fasten it. It's just worn  open. It has some black beading on the front  at the top. It is very furry looking, not at all like a sweater

I don't use it unless I am dressed up.  ( It's a bit formal looking) It is cool here today, but not cold ,yet. I had to attend a funeral  of a friend ,and I always wear my Sunday best , when attending funerals. I know some people don't, and that is their decision. I was just raised to dress nicely for these kinds of  services

I couldn't go in just my pants suit, because it isn't quite warm enough for that. So, I pulled out my Lees Sands sweater coat

I got so many compliments  about how nice it is. I don't wear it that often, but on days like today, it was a God send. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made

How about you? Do you have an oldie but goodie to share with us?

Honored Contributor

Re: Past Q buys that have stood the test of time

Well, because my weight fluctuates between an XL and a 1X I'm not a very good judge on how long something lasts.  

What I mean is one year something fits and next year or months I can't get my fanny into whatever it is.  Still I hold on to it/them because soon enough I'm back into one or the other.

Also, for all I know I'm out of sync (as far as style all of the time)  I never leave the house unless I have on makeup, hair done (well wig on) and dressed nice.

One label I do like and (if I'm understand the OP) and always looks especially nice would be any of my Linea clothes.

I have several of his "old" suede (with leather trim) jackets.  I tried them on and they were too big.  My friend (whom I give a lot of clothes to for HER friend who recently went back into the work force due to being a newly divorced mom) really wanted these coats.

My brain kept saying, "Just wait and hold onto them".  So, even though I felt guilty (and selfish) I did (keep them).

Just recently I tried them on again and they fit.  Why?  Not so much because I gained weight but because (due to cold weather) I also had on several layers.  Amazing!  They fit over the layers.

So, finally, I know you're saying, finally, I'd have to say I especially love my Linea clothes.  I also love my collection of leather jackets.

Honored Contributor

Yes, a bunch of them.  

Koos, On-the-go-Style, original Citiknits, Sandy Starkman,  many Indigo Moon pieces, Victor Costa, and others from the "old days."

My favorite is a Look East lined (real) suede jacket that has a screened printed scene on back and front.

An early Bob Mackiet jacket when he was selling  SILK jackets, and a Bob Mackie (real) suede jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am ashamed to say, have hundreds of them.30 yrs worth!!!!    My poor kids when they have to go through my stuff!!!   I told them to have a huge garage sale.  I will be 80 in March

D&C pants w/pockets & tops,Carol Hockman nightgowns and Stan Herman robes

Clarks shoes............BE sets...........just to name a few..I think I have an obsession of being prepared and not doing without!!!      Smiley Sad

D Basso fur coats

I could go on and on and on.My house is full of QVC............

My New Yr Resolution...............not to shop !!!!  I have more than enough!!!

I will probably keep it(resolution) untill the end of the Jan and the new yr ,new you shows  are over.............lol 

When momma's happy, everybody is happy!

oh.........I forgot......Jim Shore snowmen .........lol

Honored Contributor

I don't buy much clothing from the Q but my Ninja Pulse lasted 7 years! Think I paid around $65.00 for it. I'd say it was a good investment...

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I have one of his color block suede jackets and I just love it. I got it new from ebay ,and paid very little for it. The quality is excellent

Honored Contributor

I have a black wool coat with a hood, by Herman Kay that I got from the Q about 20 years ago. It never goes out of style, not too short, not too long. It is cute and warm and I can't believe it is still wearable.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Something that Susan Graver offers every year.  That boat neck sweater with the buttons on the shoulder.  I think she's offered that for at least the past 4 years.  I have several in different colors.  They wear beautifully.  They don't snag or get fuzzy. The only down part is that I can't dry them in the dryer.  I wash on gentle (supposed to be hand wash) and hang up to dry.  So other then the hassle of caring for them, it's a great durable buy.

Respected Contributor

A Denim & Co. hooded twill jacket in a pretty shade of blue.  Had it at least 10 years.  I'd get another, but it finally sold out.

A Carol Hochman bed jacket.  So nice to wear on a chilly Fall evening.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I don't buy much clothing from the Q but my Ninja Pulse lasted 7 years! Think I paid around $65.00 for it. I'd say it was a good investment...

@Andreatoo

I have a Ninja Pulse that I've used repeatedly.  I bought a back-up over 2 years ago that is still in the box.  I keep thinking my original is ready to die but it's like a Timex watch....it takes a licking but keeps on ticking.

As for clothes, I have a few pieces from early Victor Costa and Joan Vass that are still in excellent condition. (and still get compliments)