Honored Contributor

Re: Party at Talbots Saturday - Dress for Success

@Pearleewrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@zitawinswrote:

@Pearlee    Do you get a commission for the advertising you constantly do for Talbot's?

@zitawins, I know. Isn't it great to be alerted to upcoming sales and promos? That is what you meant; right?

@suzyQ3  Oh yeah.  Given this poster's other posts to me in the past, I'm certain that's what she meant.   <rolleyes>j    Glad I can help those who take my comments as you have described.  Smiley Happy

And FYI, @Pearlee, the one who piled on is an old "friend" of this board.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Pearleewrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@zitawinswrote:

@Pearlee    Do you get a commission for the advertising you constantly do for Talbot's?

@zitawins, I know. Isn't it great to be alerted to upcoming sales and promos? That is what you meant; right?

@suzyQ3  Oh yeah.  Given this poster's other posts to me in the past, I'm certain that's what she meant.   <rolleyes>j    Glad I can help those who take my comments as you have described.  Smiley Happy

And FYI, @Pearlee, the one who piled on is an old "friend" of this board.

Charming.

Honored Contributor

My blue pintuck top came today. It is such a pretty color and in our friendly amoebae (sp) pattern, which I find very pretty

Honored Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

Leaving in a few minutes to meet my sister at Talbots. I have my credit card, coupon and $100 in gift cards ready to use!

@gidgetgh And anyone else that went today - how’s you do? : ) 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I wish our T's had cupcakes!   Ours has the warm water (and sometimes punch too) but usually for food it's either chocolates or choc. covered strawberries, or cookies (like Pepperidge Farms or Danish Butter Cookies).   I want cupcakes!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pearleewrote:

@gidgetgh  I wish our T's had cupcakes!   Ours has the warm water (and sometimes punch too) but usually for food it's either chocolates or choc. covered strawberries, or cookies (like Pepperidge Farms or Danish Butter Cookies).   I want cupcakes!  Smiley Happy

We usually have little bottles of water as well -- cold would be nice, but perhaps not very realistic? Smiley Happy At one location a few years ago, they gave out Cheryl's cookies!

Honored Contributor

I would love to be able to donate clothes for Dress For Success.  I think that's a great organization.  I don't have any business type clothes at all though.  I donated them a long time ago, although not to DFS.  I didn't think about it at that time.

There's one top that I really like at Talbots right now, but it's from the Oprah line and isn't on sale.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m back from Talbots. Fun day with my sister. 

I’m happy to report that I used my coupon and used $96 of my $100 gift cards. A whopping $4 left on one gift card. 

I didn't have any clothes to donate to them this year, so I bought 4 clearance items (2 cardigans, a pima 3/4 sleeve t and a pair of pants), all at an extra 70% off. I had them take the tags off and then I put them in the donation bin. I love their dress for success event. 

And for the most most exciting news, LOL, they had the room temperature water, but instead of mini cupcakes, they had Cheryl and Co. iced buttercream cookies!  I brought two home for my husband. 

Then we stopped at J Jill and the consignment store where we dropped off a few things. Then lunch and a stop at the New Balance Store where my sister bought two pairs of shoes. 

Oh, and I forgot. Two doors down from consignment is a shoe store called Abbadabba’s. I bought 2 pairs of Toms shoes. 

I should be a spokeswoman for Toms. When you go on their website, my picture should be posted front and center. I have quite a collection of them. They’re my “go to” in the spring, summer and fall.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Well done you - on the shopping and the donating!!  So nice of you. 

I need to look up Tom’s shoes...

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  What a lovely story about your donations.  You are a very nice person to do that.  And although I think Tom's shoes are very cute - I can't wear them.  I have a bunion and they just don't fit right (no give).

I really dislike Cheryl's cookies, so for me, I'd rather have had the Pepperidge Farm cookies or Danish butter ones my T's usually has.  Or chocolates.  To me Cheryl's are tasteless and never worth the calories.