7. Gigi Hadid

Earnings: $ 9.5 million

8. Bella Hadid

Earnings: $ 8.5 million

9. Doutzen Kroes

Earnings: $ 8 million

10. Joan Smalls

Earnings: $ 8.5 million

I found the above from one source for the year 2020.  Could be more by now.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

Re: Paris Haute Couture Week: Clothes for the 1%, thrills for everyone else

@JamandBread wrote:

Haute culture is not supposed to be something you would see worn by someone you know.

Its high fashion. Not meant for the average person on the street. Why do you think Kings and Queens and Princesses attend these shows?

I HIGHLY DOUBT that queens and princesses would wear these LAUGHABLE, RIDICULOUS outfits.

Trusted Contributor

I have never understood how the audience members in these shows keep from bursting out laughing at these ridiculous outfits.  I would be wiping my eyes with laughter.  

Trusted Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

Haute culture is not supposed to be something you would see worn by someone you know.

Its high fashion. Not meant for the average person on the street. Why do you think Kings and Queens and Princesses attend these shows?

@JamandBread Which queens and princesses are you referring to? I can't picture any Royal dressing like that.

Trusted Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@JamandBread Which queens and princesses are you referring to? I can't picture any Royal dressing like that.

Princess Charlene, Caroline of Monaco and other European royalty regularly attend Paris Fashion Week. The couture you see on the runway is over the top, but is styled and tailored to the person who buys the item.

Super Contributor

I expect haute couture to be unwearable art, but I'm not seeing the artistry in these fashions.  Simply a case of the "Emperor Has No Clothes" and people loving the limelight and being seen sitting in the front row at the designer shows that garner the most attention.

Honored Contributor

Being a person that always has something to say I admit that this has rendered me speechless!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I HIGHLY DOUBT that queens and princesses would wear these LAUGHABLE, RIDICULOUS outfits.

Its obvious you have no clue how any of this works. 

You can highly doubt all you want, but royalty most certainly does  buy from these designers, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars each season.

Trusted Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

Princess Charlene, Caroline of Monaco and other European royalty regularly attend Paris Fashion Week. The couture you see on the runway is over the top, but is styled and tailored to the person who buys the item.

I've always assumed that royalty went to fashion shows not to shop but to see and be seen by other vacant-brained celebrities.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

3925e01923501ef72e8ea236099a4007.jpgHere's an example of Jenny Packham runway and how it was styled when Duchess Kate ordered the item for herself.

Here is Queen Leticia of Spain, wearing Chanel vs. How it was worn on the runway.

letizia-outfit-details-z.jpg

Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wearing Valentino vs. How it appeared on the runway

Maxima_red.jpgValentino1.jpg