Honored Contributor

Paper Bag Waist? Do You Like Them?

[ Edited ]

Time and True Paperbag Jeans - Walmart's brand.  On sale from $26.00 -  $17.00 - 60 cotton, 40 polyester.  

For those looking for good quality lower priced clothing.

I was at Walmart yesterday when I spotted them.  They are cute, very good quality for $17.00, look like washed cotton, medium weight - not flimsy or thin and stretch a bit even though there is no spandex.  They don't flare out at the bottom on me??? See last photo.  I bought the red for running around. Very cute on.

Time and Tru Women's Paperbag Belted Jeans

Here they are in red.

EDIT:

The waist on these pants are designed to look like paperbag after they are belted.  There is a defined elastic waist, but without all that fabric that usually is tied around the waist with true paperbag.  I apologize for not being clear, but I was beginning to sound like I was trying to sell these pants.  

Note:  Walmart is not paying me to post or sell these pants.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Paper Bag Waist? Do You Like Them?

@Foxxee.  I think they are very cute!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The paperbag waist of the 90's was terrible and scarred me for life. lol! And I was in the best shape of my life & in high school.  When there is too much material at the waist it is not a style that works on a number of body types due to the gathering in the area I personally am trying to detract from.

These you have presented from Walmart are not "as bad" but for me at this time in my life, I just do not need any puckering, bunching, gathering, etc, to accentuate what once looked great in this style, certainly has no business wearing now.

Glad that you enjoy them and the price is certainly right!

Honored Contributor

only looks good on people who are thin

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Time and True Paperbag Jeans - Walmart's brand.  On sale from $26.00 -  $17.00

For those looking for good quality lower priced clothing; however, some wouldn't be caught dead wearing Walmart or in a Walmart.  

I was at Walmart yesterday when I spotted them.  They are cute, very good quality for $17.00, look like washed cotton, medium weight - not flimsy or thin.  They don't flare out at the bottom on me??? See last photo.  I bought the red for running around. Very cute on.

Here they are in red.

Note:  Walmart is not paying me to post or sell these pants.  

@rockygems123 

Thank You.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ajsidney12 wrote:

The paperbag waist of the 90's was terrible and scarred me for life. lol! And I was in the best shape of my life & in high school.  When there is too much material at the waist it is not a style that works on a number of body types due to the gathering in the area I personally am trying to detract from.

These you have presented from Walmart are not "as bad" but for me at this time in my life, I just do not need any puckering, bunching, gathering, etc, to accentuate what once looked great in this style, certainly has no business wearing now.

Glad that you enjoy them and the price is certainly right!

@ajsidney12 

Yes, I agree with you.  

I remember them in the early 90's and purchased a paperbag skirt.  It had no waist at all.  Just straight like a brown grocery bag.  It really did bunch up when belted.  These pants aren't even close.  They have a waist with a belt.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think they're cute.  I have a couple of jean capri pants that I believe are this style.  BTW, paper bag waist is a new term for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those are nice. I think that Trme and True brand has some cute clothes..

I never tuck in my tops as I'm short waisted. I avoid pants with a gathered waist because, for me, they'd add bulk underneath a top or shirt.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with @SeaMaiden .  They look good on the thin body types.

The paper bag waist pants I have seen are much more pronounced.

Honored Contributor

pass