Respected Contributor

spent lots of $$$ on pantyhose.   dressed professionally for work - required to wear them for work. can't say how many times i put them on and got a run.  ugh...       always had a stockpile for backups. funny thing i had several pair made in Italy. they lasted a long time.

haven't worn in YEARS and if i did need hosiery i would do a self-tan like Jergens that just gives a hint of color.

Respected Contributor

I like to wear them in winter. I have seen some places selling clear tights LOL. They look just like pantyhose. When they first were available I thought they were the best thing ever. Before that it was a garter belt everyday.Woman Tongue I was so very grateful for pantyhose.

Regular Contributor

The Clark's rep said she was wearing tights with a short dress when she was on air with MaryBeth.  She looked cute and they were the same as pantyhose.  I think the words tights and panty are interchangeable.  The only difference might be the panty hose cover your feet.  I am not sure.  Wear whatever fits your needs.  Style is flexible today.

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I don't wear pantyhose regularly but I do wear them for dressy events like funerals or church services on holidays.  I guess that sounds weird but that is my criteria.

Ditto. I was about to post the same thing! 

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of Kate Middleton, now Duchess of Cornwall, I believe.    She is required to wear hose but she doesn't look like it.  Matches her skin tone perfectly.   I since read it's a German brand.   I've also seen many professional women also required to wear hose wear the German brand.

All that said, I haven't worn pantyhose in probably 10 years but if I felt the need, I would buy a good quality, sheer or black.

Honored Contributor

Regardless of what anyone's legs look like, I think nylons make the legs look better and well-dressed for the wearer.  Personally, I don't like to see bare legs with dresses and skirts.  

Except with sneakers and snow boots, I wear some type of nylons when I go out.  Pantyhose with skirts, knee highs with pants. 

Call me "Old School."

Honored Contributor

@dmeasy 

Tights can have feet or be footless. I wear white footless dance tights under white pants .... and ankle high hosiery.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't worn them since I retired, but I still think they make your legs look better.  I don't get why they went out if style.  Who decides this?!

Respected Contributor

Try a self-tanner first! They can be good. I use Isle of Paradise and it works well!   But if that doesn't workout, and you feel uncomfortable with your bare legs, go ahead and wear pantyhose- Not a big deal to do that, IMO- 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear dresses or skirts anymore, but when I did,  I always wore p. hose.  I wish women would wear them these days.

I have seen so many women wear dresses without them and I have never seen anyone with nice legs.  Maybe they look good in shorts, but a dress is a different thing.  It looks unfinished, no pride and lazy to me.  JMO