Respected Contributor

Does anyone where pantyhose any more?  It seems, at least to me, that pantyhose are really not worn any more.  I put this out there because I have 2 trips coming up and I would like to wear a dress.  But, my legs do not look very nice.  Varicose and spider veins...a lot!  I'm thinking of using a self tanner but I think it would still be visable.  The easiest, minus getting them on, would be wearing pantyhose.  Just wondering.

Respected Contributor

I don't wear pantyhose regularly but I do wear them for dressy events like funerals or church services on holidays.  I guess that sounds weird but that is my criteria.

Honored Contributor

Haven't worn pantyhose in decades although I still have a couple of pair stashed in my drawer.

IMO you should wear what makes you feel comfortable.  What does it matter if other people go barelegged???

Respected Contributor

If wearing pantyhose will make you more confident and comfortable about your appearance while wearing your dress, by all means wear them. Today pretty much anything goes. Don't be concerned about what others are doing.

Edited to add: Someone (but I cannot remember who) said, "You wouldn't worry so much about what other people think if you knew how little they did." That isn't exact, but you get the point.

Valued Contributor

It seems that "tights" are ok in winter but no pantyhose, ever.  My bare legs look horrible and I would not even consider wearing a dress to a special occasion.    Maybe try leg makeup that actually covers/blurs like Dermablend. There are other brands out there as well.

Valued Contributor

I do wear panty hose for the very reasons you said.  That doesn't mean all the time but if skirt or dress is above or knee length I look better.  I do for church or out to dinner etc.

Honored Contributor

I wear pantyhose - with dresses, skirts and even with pants.  

Honestly - I could not care less whether others do or not.

No bare legs or bare feet for me, ever!

Valued Contributor

I should have added, there are some very not obvious hose, god colors,undetected nylon that comliment, even WM has some

Esteemed Contributor

If I'm wearing a dress, then I'm wearing pantyhose. Old legs don't look pretty in dresses without them.

Contributor

I have been wearing pantyhose daily for more than 30 years and never leave home without them.  They provide a  nice support an hold everything in.  Since I have varicose veins these really help.  I usually use Hanes "Alive" support since Tina Turner wears them and if they re good enough for Tina, they are good enough for me.  I have no panty lines just one smooth line all the way down.  I love them.  When I travel by car, I usually wear the medical grade from "Jobs" since my Vascular Surgeon wrote a script for me since I did have surgery on my leg.  Just don't like the idea of sitting in a car for 9 hours or even more.

I wear them under leggings, slacks, dresses.  I feel much more put together and if I do not have them on I feel blah.  They have become part of me and I just cannot be without them.

Hope this helps.