Respected Contributor

I don't worry too much about pockets.  I'm just happy to get pants that I like the fit on, and pockets or no....whatever.  I do notice that pants with no pockets fit better over the hips, but mostly I wear tops untucked, so the top of the pants is covered anyway.

Honored Contributor

To me the patch pockets hanging off the front of today's big deal shirt is so much worse than any pants pockets

Honored Contributor

@danska wrote:

I prefer pants without pockets. I believe pockets add bulk to the hips or backside. I think that a smooth, lean, thin look is achieved best without pockets. 

@danska  I love pockets in jeans, cargo pants (duh?), and casual pants, but my slacks (dress up pants), I prefer no pockets....lean and mean. If I find a pr. that fit great & pockets are the only issue, I have the tailor at the dry cleaner sew them closed. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I have to have pockets in my pants for the most part. They don't add bulk unless I'm filling them up or the pants don't fit properly.

I like the flaps on the back pockets because they give the illusion of a rear-end which seems to have disappeared down my legs! LOL

@Andreatoo  Lol 😂 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

My husband carries his things in his pockets.  I'm a woman, I carry my things in my handbag so I neither need nor want pockets in my pants.  With expensive pants, I have the tailor at the dry cleaner's sew the pockets shut.  It makes for smoother, cleaner line.

@chrystaltree  Yay! Same here & had not read yours or other posts yet. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

I sew mine shut when they're the kind of pockets that they put in the side seam that stick out like "ears". Ugh! Who thought this was a flattering design on women?

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Shanus

I sew mine shut when they're the kind of pockets that they put in the side seam that stick out like "ears". Ugh! Who thought this was a flattering design on women?

@Texasmouse  Not a woman designer!!

Honored Contributor
Sorry, carrying a handbag or not carrying a handbag is not what differentiates me from my husband, lol. To each their own, as always. The only time I carry a handbag is when I am dressed up and then most times my dress pants do not have pockets, otherwise in my casual life, I don't lug a handbag every where I go.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

i prefer pants with no pockets......and if i have pants with pockets they dont get used. i always have a purse, wristlet, tote, or crossbody for my "stuff."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
I don’t care one way or another.