Respected Contributor

Pants trend question, fashionistas?....

I realize currently in fashion many things go, which is great...many types of jeans are in, legs from slim to bootcut, to straight leg etc.

How about dress/business pants? While doing a recent closet purge and inventory, I got rid of some of my classic wools that were really high wasted from about 7 years ago (ok, it was time!) I saved many from more recent years...classic waist, straight legs or slight flare, as it's still the basic dress pant I see everywhere still.

But question: I have a Banana Republic pant from only 2 years ago, still with tags on them... classic waist, flat front but a wider bell with a CUFF?! They're a medium brown, subtle plaid (not gaudy, they look solid with slight pin-stripe going through them.) Don't know what I was thinking, I've never liked cuffs much, but I didn't have any brown pants, they were reduced and I got them. What do you think, now the wider flare (it's wide, but fitted up top) and cuff look dated to me. Yet sometimes I still see that look on people in magazines etc. (uh-oh..Lisa's "gumby" legs come to mind..and these might even be wider!) Not even sure I should save for if it comes back? I also have a wide leg trouser jean...just plain, but a wider bell? I wore them only a few months ago...am I in fashion violation??

I'll defer to you ladies.....Smiley Happy