Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pants that drag on the floor

Couldn't believe when I saw  Mary Beth  dragging pant legs on floor recently.  And I mean....sweeping the floor - and she's not the only one.  If they don't know how to measure,  cut and hem.......they certainly could afford to visit a tailor.  Sloppy or lazy.

Respected Contributor

I like them w/in 1in (preferably 1/2 in) of the ground. Can’t stand too short of pants (I’m tall) so always err to longer than shorter. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Invite her over, she can sweep your floors.  LOL

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Not for me, that's for sure. I see in those old shows and movies where the ladies wore dresses/gowns that dragged on the ground. I cannot imagine.

Valued Contributor

Funny, I posted last month about jeans I found that I loved the fit and ordered a second pair.  My goodness I guess I did not pay attention to the length.  They are regular length and drag the ground even with boots on.  I am so sad.  lol.  And I am tall.  5'8!

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of petite pants for work, they fit great. I bought the pants shortly before I retired a year ago. Then I did not wear them again until a month ago. I don't know what happened, the pants were dragging and there was snow on the ground. So the pants got wet and muddy.

Did I shrink that much in a year? Did the pants grow? Into the donation bag they went.

Trusted Contributor

I kind of like my shoes to show!! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Brings back fond memories.

Honored Contributor

I think this must be a trend or a new style for the fashionistas.  If you recall, Meghan has worn that look at least twice.

Honored Contributor

would definitely prefer to have them too long to too short.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein