Honored Contributor

Re: Pants that drag on the floor

America is truly the land of milk and honey and women who have too much.  Pants too long?  Throw them out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

i call those GUMBY pants.

Honored Contributor

If they are in style, i will stay out of style.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Sometimes you just really have to break down and take clothes to a tailor.  

Trusted Contributor

I love all kinds of jeans, and I have some that hang to the floor. I love how they look with my Keds and Converse sneakers, and I love the frayed edges. Of course they get dirty, just like evening gowns, but the jeans are washable.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

I have walked behind people who have "dragging pants".  So gross......frayed and dirty.  I want to take a scissors and cut them off!  Not for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Couldn't believe when I saw  Mary Beth  dragging pant legs on floor recently.  And I mean....sweeping the floor - and she's not the only one.  If they don't know how to measure,  cut and hem.......they certainly could afford to visit a tailor.  Sloppy or lazy.

Neither sloppy OR lazy!  Nor does it have anything to do with their 'financial' ability to pay a tailor!

To answer the OP's question, YES, it is another fashion trend.

Just like skinny jeans, cold shoulder, flared sleeves, wearing pants that drag in the 70's.... etc.

Just because we wouldn't wear it, doesn't make those who do lazy!  It is not a tailoring issue.  They apparently want to be on trend.

I see it on runways, in the malls, in my salons etc.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You can ruin a pair of pants in one wearing, especially if walking on cement.  Or you could trip over them and break your neck.

@Kachina624  Pants that would pool onto the pavement, on me, would look like I did not hem them. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Couldn't believe when I saw  Mary Beth  dragging pant legs on floor recently.  And I mean....sweeping the floor - and she's not the only one.  If they don't know how to measure,  cut and hem.......they certainly could afford to visit a tailor.  Sloppy or lazy.

@fthunt I’ve learned how to use that iron on hem tape. It’s a true money saver for me.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Neither sloppy OR lazy!  Nor does it have anything to do with their 'financial' ability to pay a tailor!

To answer the OP's question, YES, it is another fashion trend.

Just like skinny jeans, cold shoulder, flared sleeves, wearing pants that drag in the 70's.... etc.

Just because we wouldn't wear it, doesn't make those who do lazy!  It is not a tailoring issue.  They apparently want to be on trend.

I see it on runways, in the malls, in my salons etc.

@RespectLifegreat points!

Fashion is art. Not everything is for everybody, nor should it be. I come to a fashion forum to see what's new, not what's established.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson