Respected Contributor

Re: Pants that cover your shoes...yes or no?

It was bad in the seventies, and the look has not improved. 

Esteemed Contributor

These are the ones I got on vanity. There not as wide as Susan's but I love them. They are wider than what they look like in the picture.image.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

those are really nice @ccassaday!

i also like looks like this........it almost looks like a maxi skirt.

http://coolspotters.com/files/photos/850468/alice-olivia-printed-wide-leg-pants-profile.gif

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I don't even know how you could walk safely in these pants. If it is snowing, I would not even be tempted to wear these pants you could trip and hurt yourself. This is not a style that I would even be interested in. I am petite and this style(if that is what you want to call it) does not seem to be wearable.

Honored Contributor

I did not see what Susan was wearing - but I will say that much/most of the time the very tall models - on all shopping channels - are wearing pants that are way too short for them. Seeing this irritates me way more than it should. lol

Pants that one can step on are bad in the opposite direction but it looks slightly better than too short pants that don't touch the shoe at all and/or that leave a gap between the hem and the shoe. 

Esteemed Contributor

What's nice about vanity jeans is I never pay more than $25. I always order a size bigger then my waiste because they do shrink. But it's nice you can order different inseams and waiste size. Plus they are super good quality. There clothes are always great quality for a really good price. I have ditched kohls for them now.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I did not see what Susan was wearing - but I will say that much/most of the time the very tall models - on all shopping channels - are wearing pants that are way too short for them. Seeing this irritates me way more than it should. lol

Pants that one can step on are bad in the opposite direction but it looks slightly better than too short pants that don't touch the shoe at all and/or that leave a gap between the hem and the shoe. 

Problem is that tall lengths are harder to come by.  QVC and other retailers always seem to have regular, petite and plus sizes, but  rarely or no talls.  SG seems to be interested only in those that are 5'4" like she is (lol, she reiminds everyone at least 10 times per show).

I think both extremes - too short and dragging the floor are bad looks.

Trusted Contributor

I feel you can still get the right look for wide pants if they just cover the top of your shoe so the front part of your shoes shows!  That is how I have always worn them!!  Also I can remember in the seventies when that was popular the pants would become frayed at the bottom !!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA
While I rarely have to have my pants hemmed, I have freakishly long legs for my height, when I do my European trained seamstress MIL always hems them in that manner.
As for the original question it's neither here nor there. I don't do it but I don't have a problem with it either. I remember it the first time around and if I recall correctly it's a precarious length that's a hard to get just right
Esteemed Contributor

@Girlboss wrote:

I've seen Susan Graver wearing jeans with really large bell bottoms that cover her shoes. She's worn this look several times on air but I haven't seen the trend take off yet. I can't decide if I like the look or not? I understand that the style elongates your leg which can be flattering but that style also makes you look like you don't have feet. Just wondering what the Q community thinks? 

I liked those jeans/pants style.  I liked them when they debuted way back in the 70's and I still like them now.  The thing is I could never wear them because of my height.

Image result for 70's bell bottoms

Yesterday

Image result for 70's bell bottoms

Today!

*Call Tyrone*