Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Pants that cover your shoes...yes or no?

I don't like that look where the entire shoe is covered.  And ...in my  "real life," pants that long would be a safety hazard.     

I have my wider leg pant hemmed so that they just skim the top of my show in front, and in back come down to just where the upper is attached to the lower part of the shoe.  They are hemmed on a slant, shorter in the front, longer in the back.   They hang just the way I like them.

Honored Contributor

Not on purpose..............but you know how some of those pants get longer as the day wears on.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@aggravated.  My memory could be wrong so here goes.  When SG came back from visiting her daughter, maybe it was the wedding, she had these pants on and wore them everytime she was on the air waiting for responses.  She told where she got them and that we were to hold on as her better version was in the works and should be ready by fall.  She got lots of publicity for the "upcoming jeans".    Back again I wonder what will be said on her Facebook page.  If so we will be sure to hear about it.  Maybe the Q design team has to be convinced still.  Time will tell.

Back in the 60s I found a pair of Navy wool pants with the flap front and buttons done each side.  They had the uniforms full legs.   I wore those pants until they no longer fit.  In high school and junior high I would not get caught dead in snow pants.  This wool shed the water/snow and with long johns they were warm and toasty.  They kept me warm while skating on a local pond and sled riding.  We no longer have an Army Navy Store.  I would love to find another pair to keep me warm while shoveling snow and playing with my grand and great grand boys.  

They just don't manufacture clothes like they used to.  They keep making "new and better fabrics and more stylish" items trying to convince us we need to buy new every season or we will be judged to be out of step with proper style.  This lady knows how to sew outfits.  I like to read style magazines and watch fashion shows.  I have always known my own style.  I know what looks good on me and I do not swollow all the hype.  I think most women follow their own instincts.  Maybe life in the big fashion centers is different.  To each their own.  I am true to my own style.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe she continues to wear those!  They look dreadful!!!!!!  But she seems to love them.

Respected Contributor

Just another sloppy look - like you either bought the wrong size or were too cheap to pay for shortening them.

Honored Contributor

I won't wear the extremely flared bell bottom jeans. I do wear bootcut jeans and I want them to cover the top of my foot, and to within about an inch above the ground on my heel. I do not wear what is referred to as "high-water" or "floods". They just, imo, look silly.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

i think it looks ok. it's not a new look. but i do think that not everyone can pull off that look. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you remember wearing that look the first time around then you're probably too old to wear it again.Woman LOL

No, I won't be wearing the big bells again. Been there...

Couldn't have said it better!

Honored Contributor

well, just call me GUMBY, but i have NEVER tripped over my pants.

i dont wear this look all the time, but i do like it sometimes.

i enjoy wearing palazzo , wide flares, and bell bottom style pants, especially this time of the year.

i would rather have my pants too long than too short. not every shoe or boot is so fancy that it needs to be  seen.

to each his own.....its a great thing that we all dont dress alike or like the same fashions.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

The only place I've ever seen this look in on QVC, starting with Lisa.  They all look like Gumby and like they are cleaning the floors while wearing them....yuck!