Respected Contributor

Re: Pants that cover your shoes...yes or no?

That would be a NO from me. I still remember Lisa and her Gumby pant look... not attractive to me... why would any woman want to have some super nice shoes on and not even see them not unless she is sitting down... don't really get it myself. Not a very attractive look. Flares or bells are fine, probably both figure flattering - but the pants to the floor length is a bit much. It brings back memories of my bell bottom jeans back in high school that drug on the ground and got all frayed out up the back of my leg... I guess it was fine when I was a teenager, but I really have never seen an adult woman pull off that look without looking kinda strange. 

Anyhow - if you like it - go for it! Everyone seems to dress how they like these days - no matter what anyone else thinks. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

No.  Aside from the fact I do not consider SG a style trendsetter, I think having pants that long would be dangerous especially wide leg pants. 

Honored Contributor

41C40vHlhrL.jpg

Picture with cowboy chaps.....

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Now we have a designer wearing the same pair of pants constantly.  She is wearing them way too often - every time she's on the air!! Isn't she a designer; I don't even think these are hers as she is not selling them - show something else we can all have access to.

Lately, the hosts and now the designer are not wearing what they are selling.  Only on this one channel.  The other shop at home channels don't do this.  Everyone is wearing the current offerings.

Respected Contributor

A definite no for me. It looks sloppy, and the ends of the pants fray and get filthy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you remember wearing that look the first time around then you're probably too old to wear it again.Woman LOL

No, I won't be wearing the big bells again. Been there...

Respected Contributor

Here's an article with guidelines.

http://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/2016/01/pant-length-tips-hemming-trousers.html

I've always followed the 1/2 inch from the floor rule for pants. Short people need pants as long as possible, without dragging the floor.

Skinny jeans or any leg that hugs the ankle will be shorter, ending at the top of the ankle.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two pair of bell bottoms I got from vanity. I don't think the leg opening is as big as what she was wearing. But they are my favorite jeans. I can't stand jeans that are to short.
Esteemed Contributor

Brings back memories from High School...those jeans with a very fitted turtleneck tucked in.  I think Susan looks silly in them.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I think it's the nature of the pants since the bell is bigger than her foot.  It's a funky look I would wear, but not all the time.  I'd have to be in "funky mode."