Frequent Contributor

Pants that cover your shoes...yes or no?

I've seen Susan Graver wearing jeans with really large bell bottoms that cover her shoes. She's worn this look several times on air but I haven't seen the trend take off yet. I can't decide if I like the look or not? I understand that the style elongates your leg which can be flattering but that style also makes you look like you don't have feet. Just wondering what the Q community thinks? 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Pants that cover your shoes...yes or no?

I don't like the look at all so I hope it never takes off as a trend. I think it looks really strange - like you say, like you have no feet.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would rather see them than high water pants. As long as I don't trip or have to wear heels that's ok by me.

Honored Contributor

I think it looks like you would trip over your pants.  I don't like the look at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It's not my look. I don't care if other people wear it, or it becomes popular. I still won't be wearing it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

No. I want to see my shoes! 

Honored Contributor

I would rather too long than too short.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it is a wider leg than I want the pant longer, but not so long it completely covers my shoes. I have not seen this trend in my city.

What I am seeing is narrow leg ankle or shorter length pants with ankle boots where the entire ankle boot is visible. I see this on lots of women in their 20s and a few more mature ladies too. According to everything we have been taught this should make your legs appear much shorter, but it appears to be a big trend this fall and winter. 

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of Gumby cartoon on Tv. Looks horrible. When I first saw petite SG wearing these horrors I thought she was trying to cover a cast and she had broken her leg or something.

Mary Beth wears her slacks to cover her heels. No shoe visible at all.

If you can't sew take to seamstress and hem about 2 inches.

Honored Contributor

I have a favorite pair of old jeans which have less of a bell and are a trifle shorter.  I caught a glimpse of Susan this morning, and, no, her long, wide jeans are not coming to my closet.  They're not a good look for me -  and I wouldn't even feel safe walking in them.