Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pants/leggings with Design Details

@lolakimono wrote:

Lafayette 148 New York-

Culottes are good, but they don't look good on me.  I'm short and I learned I'm best suited to boot leg and no crops!  I've gained some weight since retirement and it ain't a good look!  LOL.  I loved crops despite my height (didn't know any better) when I was thinner.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@StylishLady, these are nice.  I'd rock bermuda leg or crops with a heel too.  Very nice and fashionable.  I can't pull it off this look!

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I'll post a photo of them when I wear them and if I can get DH to take one. Funny thing was this morning, catching a bit of Susan Graver, and she had a pair of longer fabric pants with the same kind of lacing detail on the back of her pants.

Honored Contributor

Roberto Cavalli-

Honored Contributor

I dislike most of these. The placement of some of the details is not flattering on these skinny models so on my wider hips, it would not be a good look. Most of these pants are very casual, and I will stick with my jeans for that. As for dressing up pants, I prefer a classic tailored straight leg pant with no details; pockets are ok if they don't add bulk.