Honored Contributor

Re: Pantone Color of the Year is: Ultra Violet

Although I'm not a big purple fan, I've always loved the cooler iris (like the flower) shade, which is almost like the darkest shade of periwinkle.

---

'Ultra Violet' was chosen to evoke a counterculture flair, a grab for originality, ingenuity and visionary thinking. It reflects the idea of living with no box at all.  It is a cool shade, a complexity between the passionate red violets and the strong indigo purples, but with a touch of periwinkle.  It speaks to thoughtfulness, a mystical quality, a spiritual quality. "

Amid the heap of chaos and disruption in 2017, moving forward, the Pantone Color Institute believes the world needs to embrace the deep purple hue of 'Ultra Violet' as the color of the year for 2018

Honored Contributor

I love it. I'm wearing the apple watch band of the same name that came out this year. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

It is a "cool" season color and very pretty that Pantone has selected as violet.  But since I am a warm season person I prefer the "purple" which is warm on their web site.  Oh well, maybe next year for us warm seasons.

Enjoy cool season girls and dress up in that beautiful ultra violet!!!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Heart Deep shades of purple Heart

I have a few purple scarves and tops. Thinking I will look for a purple handbag. 

This Barefoot Dreams inspired cardigan from Colleen Lopez is one of my fav 'purple' items. The ombre design with the magenta is gorgeous!

colleen-lopez-keeping-it-cozy-drape-cardigan-d-20161028134735497-500176_WXC.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I STILL haven't seen the last color in abundance.  Oh, well!

Respected Contributor

I love a pretty TRUE purple!! I don't have much in my wardrobe, but have been looking (before this announcement). I also have have green eyes, so this is a good color for me. 

Honored Contributor

I think it's pretty. All I can think about is the U2 song Ultraviolet.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Love this color! It’s one of my favorites from recent years’ color of the year.

Super Contributor

Someone must have tipped off the Berkshire Blanket rep Smiley Surprised because she said multiple times for viewers to purchase the purple blanket as it was about to be a very strong color for the next year or two lol.

It's a pretty color for sure, but doubtful I will use in home decor much. I do have tops and one dress in that shade (or a shade very close to it). Nail polish in that shade would be great!

Never mistake kindness for weakness