Respected Contributor

Re: Pantone Color of the Year 2017 is: GREENERY

@Mj12 wrote:

Greenery.png

I would never wear that or decorate with that color.

I might use it outside though. 

Esteemed Contributor

Lovely color in my landscape, but not on me.  Too yellow for my complexion.  I'm not going to search out and buy items in any color just because Pantone named it.  But I look good in some greens so maybe more clothing will be available in shades of green next year.  Usually greens are hard to find.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

Greenery.png

Whoa.  Don't want to wear it, don't want to decorate with it.  Just way too green for me!  

LOL

I didn't think you'd like this color!

I actually look good in this shade, but I don't wear it very often.

I love emerald green!

Have a great weekend Magic...I still have not decided on which coat to keep, LOL!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@momofannie wrote:
First thing came to my mind--Kermit the Frog...

Kermie!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Pantone Color Institute Logo

GREENERY PANTONE 15-0343

A refreshing and revitalizing shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings.

Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate.

Greenery is nature’s neutral. The more submerged people are in modern life, the greater their innate craving to immerse themselves in the physical beauty and inherent unity of the natural world. This shift is reflected by the proliferation of all things expressive of Greenery in daily lives through urban planning, architecture, lifestyle and design choices globally. A constant on the periphery,

Greenery is now being pulled to the forefront - it is an omnipresent hue around the world.

A life-affirming shade, Greenery is also emblematic of the pursuit of personal passions and vitality.

What is the PANTONE Color of the Year?

A symbolic color selection; a color snapshot of what we see taking place in our global culture that serves as an expression of a mood and an attitude.

Lee_Eisemann Pantone Color of the Year 2017 GREENERY

Honored Contributor

I remember many years ago seeing a sea of that shade of green at Talbots right before it had difficulty with their business. The sales personnel told me it just didn't sell and everything had to be marked down 75%. It's kind of a preppy color in clothing and I wouldn't be caught dead in it. LOL

Respected Contributor

While I might not wear a whole outfit in this color (or, for that matter, use a lot of it in my home), I could certainly see having it in my wardrobe in some way. I wear a lot of navy (and denim), white, and khaki in the summer, and it would make a nice accent color for an accessory or two. (Of course, nobody is saying that anyone has to wear it anyway!)

Honored Contributor

Oh come on everyone.  You too can decorate with greenery.  Take a trip to your local garden store and buy a few plants in this color.

You might have a few pieces at home already that you can mix and match with this color.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

Greenery.png

Whoa.  Don't want to wear it, don't want to decorate with it.  Just way too green for me!  

LOL

I didn't think you'd like this color!

I actually look good in this shade, but I don't wear it very often.

I love emerald green!

Have a great weekend Magic...I still have not decided on which coat to keep, LOL!

@winamac1  Ah, you know me well, Win!  I am the Queen of neutral, blend in with the woodwork!  Haha

I say keep them both and Merry Christmas to you!  🎅

Respected Contributor

@Mj12

thanks!  this imo is only an accent color.