Respected Contributor

Re: Pantone Color of the Year 2017 is: GREENERY

@Shanus  Funny my first new home when I was married was a mobile home, and the appliances, sinks, tub, toilet were all in that avacodo green. Even the living room carpet was that color.  This was in 1968, and I hate to admit it, but I picked those colors out myself!  In my defense, my only other choices were white or dark brown.  Even the houses in those days were painted that color.  The next popular that came out right after that was harvest gold........do you remember that?

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

That's odd because the market was flooded with this color several years ago.  It primarily flatters red heads or autumn coloring and turns most complections sallow.  

If some green comes in the color of a the origonal green crayon, a lot more of us can wear it.

Honored Contributor

This is NOT a color I can wear. I can't wear yellow or olive green and definitely not this yellow/green shade. For those who can wear it - enjoy - it is a cheerful color.

Honored Contributor

I love green (green and blue are my favorite colors) and love to wear dark green and olive greens but this color oh no! It would make me look sallow. Not a flattering color on me at all. But I don't really follow these trends anyway.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Green is a favorite color for me. I look best in the blue/greens and in mint.

Autumns and Springs should look good in that color (if it's a yellow green).

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

Green is a favorite color for me. I look best in the blue/greens and in mint.

Autumns and Springs should look good in that color (if it's a yellow green).

Yes, I used to be a red headed autumn and would have loved this color but as my hair and complexion have changed with age I am now a winter and this would be a no no. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Greenery.png

Whoa.  Don't want to wear it, don't want to decorate with it.  Just way too green for me!  

Honored Contributor

This is not a color I will wear, I like green, but in an olive or sage-y green, not this yellow-green. If you like it, I'm sure there will be a lot of it around to choose from. Enjoy.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@2blonde Married in 1969! Ah. Harvest Gold. When we had to replace the frig., we purchased it in gold...which was was fine since the wallpaper was was gold and green huge flowers!!! Yuck.  Not sure if I should thank you for reminding me of that visual or not. 

Honored Contributor

I'd prefer pink, LOL!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"