Once women get past menopause, our bodies settle into a different shape. We carry more of our weight in our middles and less in our buttocks. Whether we're plump, skinny, or in between, this is simply a biological reality. (Actually, it happens to men, too!) Even those of us blessed with an hourglass figure become more straight up-and-down as we age. I love Denim & Co., but invariably, pants that fit me around the waist are too big in the hips and upper thigh areas. Often I go down a size and simply cut some or all of the elastic out of the too-tight waist. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than looking like I'm wearing clown pants! I think it would make great sales sense to create some pant styles that are cut for women who have reached "the age of wisdom!" Thanks for considering this.

Andy, a 69-year-old yoga teacher

Valued Contributor

So that's what happened to me!! I have had so much trouble getting pants to fit my legs, too. Finally, I started buying skinny leg style pants. They fit great. Lee jeans has a modern fit skinny Jean that really fits me good in the legs. I also found some style&co pull on boot cut tummy control (14 percent spandex) that are a great fit too. Very flattering with the boot cut. My hubby says they really look nice on me. You just have to experiment, I guess.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor
Diane Gillman makes her jeans around this concept. You might want to try her pants on HSN. I had an hourglass figure....I am now more straight up and down. The dg2 line addresses this problem. A lot of the stretch jeans have more room in the waist than the traditional jeans (based on my experience trying these).
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor
Post menopausal...still have a tush and thighs. But my waist is getting bigger. Still hour glass and still hard to find great fitting pants. I stopped buying pants on line unless they are knit or ponte. When I need dressier pants, jeans or work trousers I go to mall...and take lots and lots of pants to try on. It is so frustrating when even the 'nicer' brands have no consistency with sizing. Once I do find a style...I buy multiples.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."