Frequent Contributor

I am 5ft 4inches. and have  long torso and short legs.  Petite sizes aren't the best as I have a longer rise  and they are often uncomfortable.  I found that crop pants in regular length fit me like ankle pants and ankle pants in regular fit like full length.  Quacker Factory pants in short have the same rise as regular length but with shorter length inseams so they work too.  I see lots of people with the same body type as me so I can't  be the only one with long torso and short legs.  I wear a size medium.

Honored Contributor

@seedpie   Once upon a time I was 5'4" and the first fall of my retirement, I found a pair of ankle length black trousers that were an absolutely perfect fit for me.  That was over 20 years ago, and if I hadn't lost so much weight at one point, I believe they would still be my go-to black pants.  I know at the time, I thought I was crazy to pay what I did, but I never needed "ggod" black bottoms again until I just couldn't wear those!

Since then, I'd say more than 90% of my bottoms have been ankle length or less.  That works for my life style as well as the inches I've lost in height.  The idea many have that we short ladies can just shorten everything that's too long?  Not in my experience.

Honored Contributor

@seedpie wrote:

I am 5ft 4inches. and have  long torso and short legs.  Petite sizes aren't the best as I have a longer rise  and they are often uncomfortable.  I found that crop pants in regular length fit me like ankle pants and ankle pants in regular fit like full length.  Quacker Factory pants in short have the same rise as regular length but with shorter length inseams so they work too.  I see lots of people with the same body type as me so I can't  be the only one with long torso and short legs.  I wear a size medium.

@seedpie 

Are you 54 inches (which is 4-1/2 feet) or are you 64 inches which is 5-foot-4-inches tall. I have a long rise and I am 5-4 (now).  I find the same situation as you.

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you @seedpie. I have pretty much the same body type, 5'4", long torso, shorter legs, 35*27*37, 123 lbs. Some petites are just too short so I do gravitate towards Regular's in ankle pants. They fit great. However, I do not like the QF as the rise is too high. I don't care for the real high rise, mid-rise works best for me. I have to pay close attention to the length's, but unfortunately, or fortunately, many must work since I really have way too many pants/jeans/slacks etc. Woman Very Happy 

Many times when I put in my measurements with HSN (and I wish QVC would get on board with this also), they say my size isn't available even though all sizes are available.  I still order by the garment measurements and reviews to determine what will work best. They just won't be the most perfect fit. 

Honored Contributor

@seedpie 

I'm 5'5" ... and long torso. I have a shorter rise - but depending on fabric and style ... I can wear low (petite) or regular rise.  

My inseam can range from 28" to 30" .... depending on cut/style and fabric and shoes.

I'm resigned to the fact that I have to hem most of the pants I buy ... whether regular length or petite.  I'm fussy about where the pants break over my shoes.

I recently had a hemming marathon ... shortened all the pants I bought over the last few months (I lost weight and had to buy new pants.)

----------------------------------------------

@seedpie wrote:

Honored Contributor

I love ankle pants!  At 5'1" if I buy them in regular the length is a full length pant for me.  It's nice to not have to hem pants anymore....I did thst years ago.

I also used to like Quacker Factory Dream Jeannes but over the last year or two they seemed to have changed.  They no longer offer a nice selection of different finishes of jeans in a straight leg.  

Respected Contributor

Glad there's a solution for some, but those of us that are tall are still forgotten customers most of the time.