Esteemed Contributor

Love pant liners (aka pant slips). Even better are lined slacks, which I still purchase from Pendleton for each season. Even though I haven't worked in over 20 years I still enjoy a classic appearance. 

Great post!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Funny this came up ... I was asked the other day if anyone, for any reason, wears slips anymore.   You sure don't see them advertised!

The last time I wore a "slip" it was about 30 years ago in a much colder climate and they were Petti-pants!   Anyone remember those? 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I can understand that ... here in NYC - it is airconditioned everywhere - even public transit.

And - on the street - just choose the shady side!

------------------------------------------------------------

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ALRATIBA    Okay for NYC but I'd roast in those things in my climate.  I can't even wear knit pants because they're too hot. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

You can still buy them from Amazon!  I have several pairs that I used to wear under gauchos and culottes.

Beige

Esteemed Contributor

I wear full slips, half slips and pant liners when I'm getting "dressed up". Makes a huge difference in how clothing hangs on your body and it makes for a smoother look from the back.

In Seattle we rarely have really hot days ... although it looks like we will be very hot the next few days and I will hide in the shade and indoors. Living in a temperate climate makes it easy to wear the same items (except the color) for 10 or so months of the year. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

I will guess @ALRATIBA you are very thin to tolerate that extra layer.  I do wear slips with unlined dresses, and I know that is rare these days, but I would not wear pant liners!  I am guessing nylon would be involved, I guess possibly if they replace panties, and it's a cool day with loose pants that ride up the leg or something, but I just don't wear pants like that....  I have worn spanx and other pant like panties, but not with pants. Too hot!

When I first moved to the states I went to college in Massachusetts and it was cold.  I did wear long johns a couple of times, but I would rather wear a long coat.  Just don't like the extra layer on my legs.

Super Contributor

slip.jpgAvailable from Shopnational dot com in three colors. They have the shorter culotte and roomier pettipants also.

Respected Contributor

I searched for pettipants on Amazon and bought white and black ones of different lengths to replace slips. I did this about 4 years ago but I recently checked and they're available. The style you can trim to length (there are two trim points) give you three length options, and the shorter ones would be perfect for shorts. I'd roast in them with shorts but can handle them for skirts. If a bit of wind catches your skirt they don't blow up to your waist like a slip can.

eta: You can search for Culotte slip also.

Honored Contributor

Mildred M:  Yes!  Pettipants!   

Nice and loose.  Very comfortable, airy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor
I bought a pair like those from Amazon to wear with my midi and maxi dresses in the summer. I call them bloomers, lol. They are great and keep my thighs from getting too hot and sweaty.

In the fall and winter, I wear hose and tights with my skirts and dresses.