Honored Contributor

Last week I came across a box with several pairs of pant slips.  Before I retired (almost 11 years ago), I wore them under unlined pants - and for some reason when I got rid of my "corporate wardrobe" - I put the liners away.

Anyway - I have been having an issue with lightweight knit and woven fabric pants - I just ddn't like how they hung and moved when I walked, and "stuck" to me if I was sitting any length of time.  I wore those Jockey long leg briefs - but that only took care of the "sticking" issue, and you could see a line of demarcation with the light fabrics.

I always wore white footless dancer tights under white pants - but they are like stockings and don't last long - so I saved them exclusively for white pants.

Resolution - i started wearing the pant slips under all my summer pants and all my problems are solved.  

Advantage - One thing I noticed is that all the pants (knit and woven) maintain their shape after wearing over the slip.  And, of course - no sticking.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    Okay for NYC but I'd roast in those things in my climate.  I can't even wear knit pants because they're too hot. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Interesting.  I wonder if those pant slips are still available for purchase today.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of a pants slip, but I could use a couple of slips for wearing under skirts and they're few and far between.  

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

Interesting.  I wonder if those pant slips are still available for purchase today.

One of my summer pant liners I purchased years ago was made by Cuddl Duds. They have changed their products so much that I do not know if they still make them. I also purchased their winter insulated style liners. It is odd to see them on QVC knowing from whence they came.

Honored Contributor

@santorini 

Yes - both at Vermont Country Store and at Amazon.  I just ordered a couple of black pairs from Amazon.

----------------------------------------------

@santorini wrote:

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

JCP has slips, Vermont Country Store has them, and Amazon also has them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ALRATIBA    Okay for NYC but I'd roast in those things in my climate.  I can't even wear knit pants because they're too hot. 

I can't even think about wearing pants until November. 117 degrees is not pant wearing season.

Honored Contributor

I remember pant liners!  I wore them years ago...I wonder if they are still available to purchase?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Yes - Vermont Country Store and Amazon.

-------------------------------------

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I remember pant liners!  I wore them years ago...I wonder if they are still available to purchase?