Honored Contributor

Re: Pandemic work at home clothes?

I am not very productive unless I dress.  Nice pants and shirt.  I don't feel good about myself if I look like a slob.  If I look like I can't get out of bed, I feel like I can't. 

It's about how I feel about myself, not just for looks for other people.  Get up, clean up, dress up and I am "empowered."  In my nightie?  NO, I am not. 

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@TurnerGal What's wrong with being 60? I'm 72 and it doesn't both me to say it. 

i'm with you @Love my grandkids  !  i'm 71 and grateful. 

Super Contributor

I am 74 and i own my business, but I was raised to get up and look your best at all times. The reason for that is when I was in school a man ran a redlight and hit us as we cross the street, and my Mother was not in her best fashion and never forgot it. So what I am saying I can"t stay in PJ"s all day, I admire women who can but I have to be dress and with earrings. I hardly ever wear makeup and I really can say it is a pleasure to see that some of you can feel comfortable doing that. Maybe one day in the future I can fine myself doing that.

Esteemed Contributor

I just wear what I would normally wear on a Saturday, jeans and something on top. And always do makeup & hair. If I Zoom a lesson, I might wear something I would have worn if going to class...or not. I'm presentable no matter what.

Trusted Contributor

@HLP wrote:

i'm 86, been retired for years, and I dress up everyday, put my makeup on, and I do it for me. Do not turn yourself into a slouch because your not out in the public, believe me you'll be glad if you do this. My neighbor, now with Alzhemers, and I lived this way. When we wanted to go someplace we were out the door. take care of you,for you.We didn't wear satin and lace, but we looked clean, fresh, and pretty well taken care of.

Thank you for the great advice, you are right, I feel better when I put in the effort and I should do it for myself,  and not to worry about the "Zoom" people,

Frequent Contributor

I'm so glad we don't have cameras on our computers for security reasons.  I don't have to worry what I look like for meetings.  I do get dressed (comfy pants/cotton top) and wash my face, brush teeth and hair.   I haven't worn makeup unless I go out which is very infrequently.  Some day we will have to go back to work but I don't see it happening until we get a vaccine.  We have gotten more casual as the years have gone by and I expect that once we go back it will be another level of down the dress up scale.  I expect that jeans will be the norm and just not on Fridays.

Honored Contributor

@ugabugabooooo 

All of my children work from home.  All of them wear PJ's or just their underwear w/the grands running around buck nakkid, spouses chasing them. Smiley LOL 

My oldest wears a bikini cause she swims after telecomputing.

Zoom conferences, just an avatar is shown.  Being seen is not mandatory.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I worked at home for 16 years  I would generally wear sweats or cute PJs and during the Summer a sundress or bathing suit if I was going down to the lake

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@TurnerGal What's wrong with being 60? I'm 72 and it doesn't both me to say it. 

You are right -- it's just sometimes it is shocking to say I am 60.  Don't feel like 60?  I am grateful  to be 60,  my mother died at 45. 

Anyway interesting about companies sending notes about dressing better.  I definitely try to look a little better on days I have a zoom call.  As someone pointed out some days just taking a shower and brushing your hair is enough.

I am 60 as well....and I agree, it feels shocking sometimes.  I do not feel 60 either....when the heck did that happen!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 50-something and during the first few weeks of working from home, I put a little makeup on and fixed my hair on Zoom day.  After the first two weeks, I no longer wear makeup or fix my hair.  I do get dressed everyday.  I don't like wearing pj's all day unless I'm in bed not feeling well. 

For my job, I anticpate working from home until there's a vaccine.   I've got new clothes that I never got the chance to wear this spring/summer hanging in my closet.  Maybe next year.

I forgot to say my pandemic summer attire consists of capris and tees.