Honored Contributor

Re: Pamela McCoy will have Tissavel on Evine 10-22 @ 9pm Eastern

If the coats are indeed Tissavel, they look so real people will not believe you when you say it's faux. I had to return one of her coats years ago because it looked like the real think and I was ashamed to wear it.

Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

If the coats are indeed Tissavel, they look so real people will not believe you when you say it's faux. 

This is true.  I'm always afraid the PETA people will harrass me when I wear mine.

Honored Contributor

Do they harrass people who carry leather purses?  This is bad if people cannot wear a faux fur coat or jacket. 

Super Contributor

I purchased the taupe chinchilla coat, had it express shipped and received it today.  It is absolutely gorgeous!  The Tissavel fur is so luxurious and it really does look and feel like the real thing.  The color is really beautiful.  Love the way it looks when the top button is buttoned up.  One thing -- this is so lush that it is quite a heavy coat.  The price on this is absolutely fantastic for the quality.

Respected Contributor

Pamela was describing the tissavel , saying the fibers are so like the real thing that they fall back into place when ruffled up, but I noticed that with the arctic fox coat that she was wearing, when she moved, the fur on the sleeve looked disheveled and messy. I really didn't care for anything so far that was shown. The white coat had quite a yellowish tinge, and the shape wasn't flattering on Kendi I thought. Maybe there will be more coming up in November in some nice colors and flattering lines.
Trusted Contributor

I have one of Pam's original faux mink coats when she was on ShopNBC and it is still beautiful.  I wanted to check it at a restaurant that I went to and the coat check lady said she couldn't check it because the restaurant didn't want to be responsible for it.  I laughed and told her it was faux but she wouldn't believe me until I showed her the label displaying the material.  She said it was the best faux coat she had ever seen.  It was very expensive back then.  

I missed her shows so I will have to check them out.  Whoever bought one, enjoy, I'm sure you'll be very happy.  Pam is a class act and designs very classy coats and clothes.

Honored Contributor

All the Tissavels I have were bought after Christmas (from eithr HSN with Terry Lewis or Pam McCoy on the old Value Vision / Shop NBC).  when they were drastically reduced!  Now isn't the best time to buy them.

Honored Contributor

interestingly, the top value is a tissavel throw that has the lisa vanderpump name.......from the real housewives of beverly hills. it is beautiful, but i have so many from dennis basso i am not sure i need this one.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BklynKinsey wrote:

I purchased the taupe chinchilla coat, had it express shipped and received it today.  It is absolutely gorgeous!  The Tissavel fur is so luxurious and it really does look and feel like the real thing.  The color is really beautiful.  Love the way it looks when the top button is buttoned up.  One thing -- this is so lush that it is quite a heavy coat.  The price on this is absolutely fantastic for the quality.

@BklynKinsey  ...

So glad to read your review about this jacket.   I ordered it today because I love that color ... I have a faux fur in just about every color except this shade of brown.  

Anyway, I ordered up a size and hope I didn't make a mistake ... it didn't seem as swing-y as I would like.   We'll see ...

Esteemed Contributor

@SoX, can you post a pic or item number of your new coat? I can't figure out which one it is. I ordered the white hooded mink coat, went with XXS because of the garment measurements. We shall see . . .

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop