Honored Contributor
While the question of quality still remains to be seen I think it's clear that Pamela is lending her name more than doing the actual designing as she seemed a little surprised at some of the pieces. She sounds to be standing behind it but I'm not sure about the extent of her involvement
Respected Contributor

I must have seen a different  show from all of you. Pamela Dennis was overtalking poor Colleen to the point that it was embarrassing to watch. She would not be quiet.

Colleen looked at her several times with a disgusted look on her face. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Contributor

I remember when PD was on QVC.  Sizing was a huge issue and I remember the hosts were always encouraging you to size up.  I finally gave up as my returns were getting expensive.  I was not surprised when she was no longer on.

I love black but her all black garment show was a little boring after a bit.  Also, you could not define the lines between tops, scarfs and bottoms with everything black.  At least not on my TV!  

I just got my first Iris Apfel piece (HSN).  A pair of skinny pants in grey/taupish color that is on sale for $39.95.  Now here is quality!  The material and workmanship was of the highest and the XS that I usually take fit me to perfection.  Love when that happens!

Respected Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

I must have seen a different  show from all of you. Pamela Dennis was overtalking poor Colleen to the point that it was embarrassing to watch. She would not be quiet.

Colleen looked at her several times with a disgusted look on her face. Woman HappyHeart

I saw the show and thought they were having a ball showing the clothes.  Colleen was seemingly so thrilled with her designs.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

QVC continually brags about the designer names they bring to QVC but the truth is that these high end designers bring nothing but their names.  THe clothing they sell bears  no resemblance to the high end lines they create or did create that caused them to be considered high end designers to start with.  CHeap fabrics and assembly line production in some third world country do not a designer clothing item make no matter whose name is on the label.

QVC is not the only retailer that engages in this practice.  I can clearly recall purchasing beautiful expensive well made clothing from Dana BUchman at Saks and Bloomingdale's many years ago.  Then the company was sold and the next thing I know the line disappears from from those stores and she is making cheap c*** and selling it at Kohl's.  DEsign is only part of designer fashions.  FAbric and manufacture are of equal importance and slapping on a designer name on a cheap fabric made in Vietnam does not a designer garment make.

Dana Buchman has nothing to do with the line at Kohls, the name was sold to Kohls,  her clothing was gorgous back in the day.  the stuff at Kohls is just OK,

NAMEALREADYTAKEN:  I believe that is what the poster means, is that once they go to the big box stores, they are no longer designer, but just a name sold to big box and mart stores.

Contributor

I totally missed Pamela......She is so talented and her clothes I bought in the early to mid 90's  were to die for....I still have them hanging as works of art in one fo my closets.....Im so happy that the Q is having her back....she truly is a one of a kind designer...I hope her line is appealing and everyone buys it...I have missed her so very much...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@thatgirl77 wrote:

I totally missed Pamela......She is so talented and her clothes I bought in the early to mid 90's  were to die for....I still have them hanging as works of art in one fo my closets.....Im so happy that the Q is having her back....she truly is a one of a kind designer...I hope her line is appealing and everyone buys it...I have missed her so very much...Smiley Happy

@thatgirl77

Apparently HSN was smart enough to figure all that out; she's there now. Not at the Q