Honored Contributor

I am considering palazzo pants for at least one of the formal events I have coming up in 2016, maybe more than just one, if I can find different tops to wear with them. What tops would you expert fashionistas suggest to go with either of these?

Palazzo pants.jpg

Formal Palazzo Pants.jpg

Thanks for any advise.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

These are very pretty pants.  I think it would depend on the event, what time of year (although I know that some summer clothing can be worn to year-round events if the event is appropriately very formal).  However, just because I like to be comfortable, I want the clothing to match the event, the venue and the time of year.  So tell us more about your event and which color pants you have chosen for said occasions.  More information will assist in others giving advice.

Honored Contributor
I actually have 4 events that will require dressy clothing. First one is a dressed up baby shower, being held in a large city hotel (out of town), then a wedding in early May, another wedding in October, and one more wedding, date not set yet. My main reasoning for palazzo pants is that they are generally long enough to cover shoes, since I can no longer wear heels due to my back, and I can't stand to wear a dress with flats. Thinking with different tops, I could possibly wear the black pallazzos to both the Feb. shower, and the Oct. wedding, which I believe is going to be held in a dressed up barn (the couple are horse people). I am the grandmother at all of these events. So...What do you think?
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I think it is a lovely solution.

For the most dressy evening occasions you could wear a top with some beading or lace. For the barn wedding maybe a pretty white lacy top or something from Johnny Was (at neiman marcus) I adore his blouses!!!!

adding I no longer wear heels either. At first I felt funny with a dress and flats, but flats are now very au current. The outdoor weddings really require flats or something similar, heels are deadly.

Honored Contributor

Your pants sound lovely!  I would wear tops that are more fitted to balence the width of the pants.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

You've combined perfect fashion sense with a hearty dose of common sense.  Applause all around for your innovative thinking.  (I might have to copy this idea at some point.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Pleione Layered V-Neck Sleeveless Blouse (Regular & Petite) Topshop Twist Front Blouse

Embellished Ponte Blouse

Double Layer Ruffle Blouse

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Print Drape Wrap Front Shell (Regular & Petite)

Main Product Image

Main Product Image

Main Product Image

Main Product Image

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

If Palazzo Pants are available in sizes that fit me, I love to wear them.

In your photo OP, I love both of. Your examples, but FOR ME, I wouldn't choose the pair with the wide waist band.

Whther they're "in" or not, I have difficulty finding them short enough to allow for shoes that maye danced in.

Love all the looks shown- good luck with your searches and finds!