Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

I think the palazzo pants idea is a good one.  When it comes to ideas for tops, I would sincerely take ideas from how the palazzo pants or fuller skirts are being styled in the store ads or catalogs.  Usually, fuller on the bottom means more fitted on the top or tucked in at the top.  That's usually, not always.

As much as I love brown, and you know I do, I think a person would have to be careful with the brown example because of all of the pleating.  Then again I can't see the waistband of the darker ones so they could be pleated too (lol).

I know the events held in the barn are for horsey folk. That makes me ask, exactly how horsey are they?  Will there be hay or sawdust on the floor of the barn?  As I look at the pics of the palazzos, the first thing I think is, ooh, last thing I want to do is mop the barn floor with them.  Not saying you can't wear them, they just need to be tailored perfectly lengthwise.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1  these have to be the most gorgeous palazzo pants that i've ever seen!

first, for a baby shower i think you may be a tad overdressed and could get by with just a skirt and blouse or dress.  flat shoes would definitely work with them.

the pants require fitted tops as shown.  the jacket is perfect with a ruffled blouse or even a dressy fitted blouse by itself.  if you could find a very fitted dressy sweater and dare i say sequined in a tasteful way, that would look great.  but a fitted sweater in any fabric would do depending what you like.  if you come across a unique one of a kind fitted top that would work also.

you are going to look great, i'm very wexcited for you!

Honored Contributor

I have some palazzo pants and wear them with a fit top. Sleeveless tanks or mock t-neck look great, as well as sleeveless button down tops in cotton or silk like shown above.

Body suits also are a good option. For dressier occasions, wear a bold statement necklace, layers of long pearls or big bold earrings.  

This body suit is from Yummie & has a built in smoother. Sold at HSN, currently sold out but the brand is also sold at Nordstrom.

447-737

Yummie by Heather Thomson "Madelyn" Bodysuit

These are from QVC-Linea. I own both the sleeveless & long sleeve in black. Excellent fabric, design & fit! Both are last clicks/limited sizes & colors, less than $20 + 4 ezpays during this flash sale! Excellent buys & very versatile.

A2545767

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio V-Neck Tank Body Suit

A231145

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio V-neck Bodysuit with Shirring Detail

This Joan Rivers Mock T-neck is fabulous!

A235228

Joan Rivers Long Sleeve Mock Turtleneck Sweater

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

You have some marvelous suggestions here.  I do, however, favor the chiffon-like and lace fabrics for the venues you describe.  I totally understand about the heels.  I had to wear some today for an event, but had I approrpriate flats I would have worn them  regardless as my back and feet are paying the price for all the heels I have worn through the decades.

I know whatever you choose, you will be lovely.  I hope you will feel great and I know you will look great.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Snicks1  these have to be the most gorgeous palazzo pants that i've ever seen!

first, for a baby shower i think you may be a tad overdressed and could get by with just a skirt and blouse or dress.  flat shoes would definitely work with them.

the pants require fitted tops as shown.  the jacket is perfect with a ruffled blouse or even a dressy fitted blouse by itself.  if you could find a very fitted dressy sweater and dare i say sequined in a tasteful way, that would look great.  but a fitted sweater in any fabric would do depending what you like.  if you come across a unique one of a kind fitted top that would work also.

you are going to look great, i'm very wexcited for you!

If the venue is as the OP stated, she will not be overdressed for the shower.  Imagine, if this were the baby shower of someone such as Ivanka Trump or Sarah Jessica Parker, they would be held at grand hotel with somewhat special attire.