Valued Contributor

Pajama and loungewear outfits, I wish

There were more crop or even long pants but without jogger style.  It is a lot easier to slip into lounge pants that are not bound at the ankle and also much for comfortable.  This is especially directed towards CuddlDuds.

Valued Contributor

Re: Pajama and loungewear outfits, I wish

@just wonder, I don't know if others have this problem but I have pjs that I love except for the bands around the bottom. I bought 4 pair of the same pjs one year from HSN and they all have these elastic bands around the bottoms. They talked about how they will keep them from going up your legs. Well, I must be strange because they go up my legs close to my knee and then get stuck there. So I wake up all night long and have to move them down. I am not at all a seamstress but I sure wish I knew how to fix that problem.  I stay away from all pj bottoms like that now. These weren't called jogger bottoms so I'm not sure they are exactly the same but I just don't want any kind of restrictions at the ankles.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just wonder @Qgirl26 Agree with both you ladies...if I see the tight ankle bottom it's a pass for me, for sleepwear...they definitely would crawl up my leg! I bought a cozy Hanes sleepwear outfit this past year on QVC, (gone now), loose leg...much better! Tried to get a second pair when I saw one come back in my size, but it went straight to backorder, later cancelled, as I guess they really didn't have it in stock when I saw it. I also have a Muk Luks velour jammie set from 3 years ago, loose bottom (they still sometimes crawl up for some reason...it may be the material and fit of those...I probably should have sized up one...I find now I like my jammies a bit looser.)

My favorite winter jammie style is still menswear pj style flannel-- you know, the button down top with the drawstring, straight leg bottom. In the past I used to get great Ralph Lauren ones at Marshall's and in recent years I bought a few "PJ Salvage" brand ones, I love.

If I bought a pair of joggers for beachwear, for cool nights hanging out, I don't mind that bottom...I don't own any currently, but that's the only way I see myself wearing jogger types...not for pjs!

Valued Contributor

@amyb, I probably wouldn't mind joggers so much in the daytime, but like you, not to sleep in. I like two things in my pj bottoms; loose fitting legs and pockets. I also tend to order up a size. I don't like tight pjs. I toss and turn a lot and they end up twisted all around me. I don't sleep well and sometimes I wake up more tired than when I went to bed!

I'm glad it's not just me though. I hear the presenters go on and on about how great those bottoms are and I have felt like I must be weird.

Trusted Contributor

I just wish they would offer more cotton pjs/lounge sets. Polyester is so hot. It's like wearing a plastic bag. 

Honored Contributor

I'm with you all on this one.    My go to is a longish t-shirt style gown, hits me just below the rump and a pair of long shorts or capri length bottoms.  Although I'm short-waisted, PJ tops are too short for my liking

Years ago I could find this combo as a set at WM, no longer.   So I started buying the pieces separately.   Now I'm having a hard time finding just a simple bottom.   Add to that I don't want any embellishment, no buttons, nothing.

Kohls has some nice options, but pricey IMO

I don't mind a poly blend, almost everything I wear is a blend, very comfy for me & lasts longer than just cotton.  And like it's been mentioned, I do not care for 100% poly

@just wonder wrote:

There were more crop or even long pants but without jogger style.  It is a lot easier to slip into lounge pants that are not bound at the ankle and also much for comfortable.  This is especially directed towards CuddlDuds.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for banded bottoms, or joggers, either. I'm seeing a lot of them online and in stores. I don't like the look it gives on the leg, or the feel of the elastic on my ankle. 

Honored Contributor

I dislike jogger style pajama bottoms too but I bought some not long ago because it's really all I could find unless I bought woven bottoms, which I don't like.

As an aside, I was clothes shopping for my DH prior to vacay and was shocked at the number of jogger pants for men.  There were stores that had almost nothing but jogger bottoms in the mens department.

Honored Contributor

I can loung in the jogger or banded bottoms but I can't sleep in them.  Too confining